Noticing speech changes in the last few days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last question for y’all as to be included with the post above does a diet high in MSG cause als I know I should eat better but I A don’t know how to make many things and B it’s in just about everything in the US unless you don’t eat many package foods. I saw the one article on it but I couldn’t tell if the dr was saying don’t worry about MSG or that them saying not to worry was a scam

Sorry but your logic on glutamate is flawed. And if MSG caused ALS, it wouldn’t be as rare as it is.
The fact you have several posts on this thread within several hours speaks to your anxiety.

You need to realize that you’re trying to convince people who have ALS, care for those who do, or lost a loved one to it. Sorry, but it seems a little unfair to ask us to hand hold your anxiety until you see a doctor.

I’m going to request that you not post further until you do. Some really knowledgeable people here have given you our opinion that you don’t have ALS. Please take that reassurance seriously.

Ok last thing here I did realize I have been using BCcA products so I will knock those off immediately too. Thank you all for the time.

1 in 350 seems fairly common to me.

Come on... you're worry over odds of 1 in 350! Being a poker player I know
about odds. Take it this way...

2 in 700, 3 in 1050, 4 in 1400 and if you were to take that first number to
just ten the odds would be in the tens of thousands.

You're trying to convince us you have ALS. Copy and print everything you've
posted here then show it to your Neuro to help convince him you have ALS.

Don't forget you wrote...

"I have severe medical anxiety and OCD which I guess has high levels of glutamate

Protein powders causing ALS? Seriously? I would print off these posts and show them to a psychiatrist. Continuing to try and convince people who have this disease or are caring for someone with this disease that you have it is becoming very self-centred. You don't have ALS so knock it off, please. Be grateful for your life and stop wasting it away focusing on diseases you do not have.

Take good care and good luck to you.

(Something different...) :)

Jslim I have posted before about odds in other DIHALS (Now could this be ALS).
I know about odds. Odds of you not having ALS is a sure bet.

Some may take the image below as me being crass or whatever word.

If I was betting against you having ALS I'd push my whole stack of chips in.

The odds are overwhelming you do not have ALS.

Attachments

• AXA.jpg
    AXA.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Ok update . As I’m walking around I notice more feet scuffing and on top of that I just read about a guy who had hand pain in his thumb and my hands immediately started hurting. I have been dropping a lot of things as I work at the grocery store lately too. But the cramping in my thumb as I read about it does concern me now too. On the 3rd of June the dr said I was ok in her opinion but now the other things are popping up.

Please stop. Doctors who have examined you don’t think you have ALS and the folks here have said that your symptoms do not sound like ALS and yet you contibue to chase this disease. Really and truly nothing you have said sounds like ALS. Work with your doc to address your anxiety and then you can address any symptoms that remain after the anxiety is under control. You do not belong here—lucky you!
All the best,
Tracy

You have anxiety. You read about hand pain and then you had some, too. These "other things" are normal, human things, that anxiety is making worse.

We cannot help you feel less anxious here. But there are people out there in the world who can. The doc you saw can point you in the right direction.

As you point out, a better diet (fewer processed foods) can benefit your overall health as well.

I am closing this thread. Please do not start another.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back