Diagnosis
06/2003
Country
US
State
IL
City
Saint Libory
My husband Alan lost his battle with ALS on August 18, 2008. He was diagnosed 5 years ago. He never lost his spirit and smiled everyday. I thought that I was prepared for his death. However, no matter how long a loved one is ill, you are never prepared for the day that you have to walk into the funeral home with your children. We are slowly moving on with his memory. I have had many of the nurses at the nursing home tell me that this is the worst thing that they have ever seen and it doesn't even compare to other illnesses (ie, cancer, heart disease, alzheimer, diabetes, etc.). Alan was 47 years old. He will not be there when our children get married, have children, or succeed in their goals. But, he would have wanted his family to be happy and content with our lives. I'm glad that I found this forum and I hope that I can be of support for those who are faced with this illness. Please feel free to ask anything and everything. Thank you.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear husband. My prayers are with your family.

schult, I am so sorry for the loss of your dear husband. My condolences to you and your family. May your dear husband rest in peace. I agree with you 100%. We are never ready to watch our loved ones depart. When it does happen, it is like a bad dream. I remember I was like a zombie at my son's funeral. There were a lot of people.....friends, relatives, I saw these folks, all gathered, talking and such. I was frozen! My world stopped spinning. I remember seeing all these people, but not their faces. It is heartbreaking to see your loved one laying in a casket, but they are resting in peace. All we have left is the wonderful, warm memories. May our Father give you peace and comfort that you deserve for being such a good wife. God bless you and your family.

Irma

Sincere condolences for the loss of your husband and thank you for your kind offer of help and support for others.

AL.

God bless you for sharing yourself with us. My sincere sympathy to you and your family in the loss of your husband.
Respectfully,
brenda

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. I too just lost my 47 yr. old husband (July 2) - I know what you mean, and I know what you're going through. If you ever need to talk, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Beaner

I am so sorry to read this. May God bless you and your family.
Laurel

so sorry for your loss...

I hope you find peace in that your husband Alan is in a better place. I know you had a very rough time of it. You were very brave and I thank you for sharing your experiences.

I ma sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs, Cindy

God bless you.

(Renee/lost mother to ALS on 8/31)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back