Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
UK
State
SC
City
Edinburgh
With sadness, checking in to say my wife passed away on Friday, 5 February. At the stage of losing all eye (eyeball/eyelid) muscle function, a limit had unfortunately been reached. After deciding not to insist on ventilation, the end came somewhat suddenly, in a way. On the other hand, after 2 awful years the final stage involved such peace, calm, and me by her side. I am devastated but grateful for all the support and words of encouragement on this forum in the past 2 years since diagnosis. I hope I can help others and pay forward the advice and suggestions. What a group this is.

I am so very sorry for your loss. She was fortunate to have you and glad it was peaceful.

So sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

I'm so very sorry to hear of your wife's passing and the loss you most certainly now feel. Thank you for participating here... and I'm glad you found information that might have made the journey for the two of you a little easier to travel. Though our experiences are with the same ALS/MND diseases, our individual paths are often different. Please know that yours would be a welcome voice in the sharing of your experiences for those still on this journey.

My best...

Jim

I'm so sorry for you. Thank you for being such a good CALS.

Beautifully said W. So sorry! You were clearly an amazing, compassionate caregiver for your wife. She was fortunate to have you, and I am very sure, you her. Wishing you peace in this next part of the journey...Jon

Thank you for letting us know. You were her constant companion under very difficult circumstances, and she was fortunate to have someone so considerate of her ultimate wishes. I hope you and others who loved her find peace and strength.

Best,
Laurie

So sorry for your loss. You showed amazing compassion and love. Wishing you peace.

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace as you move forward.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Your wife was so fortunate to have such a loving and caring partner. Xx

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I can only agree, the disease is horrific, but a peaceful passing can be achieved. I hope you find comfort in this 💜

My deepest sympathies to you on the passing of your beloved. A caregiver's experience like yours is immeasurable to all those CALS and PALS who grace us with their presence here on this forum. Stay close.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish you peace and comfort at you move forward and make sense of what you have just been through.

Hugs

I'm so very sorry. Your wife is now free of this beast, if that is any consolation. Hugs to you.

J

Dear Weltschmerz, I'm sorry to hear of your wife's passing. Reading about your story here on the forum I was humbled by your love and commitment. You were a wonderful caregiver. Wishing you peace and comfort going forward.

V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back