02/2019
Country
US
State
NJ
City
MONROE
Hi.
My name is Rich and i was diagnosed in Feb '19. So far, my journey has been unremarkable, yet steady. I discovered this community recently and after a few months of silent trolling my guilt has consumed me and i felt it was time to introduce myself.
I live in New Jersey, go to NYC for treatment (where I used to work as a graphic artist), and spend alot more time watching movies, reading, and pondering life than I used too!
I'm fortunate i can still perform day to day on my own, but my strength, dexterity, and mobility continue to fade at a steady pace.
I have been taking Riluzole since diagnosis and have tried Ibudilast and Methylcobalimin injections, but have chosen to stop for financial reasons.
I love you community here, I've gotten into the habit of perusing through new posts regularly. hopefully I'll be able to offer some insights and share some of my experiences that will be helpful.
Enjoy!

hi Rich.
I am glad you decided to speak up and look forward to hearing more from you.

sorry you had to join of course.

please feel free to chime in as you want. Maybe start with the PALS rollcall ?

take care and stay safe

Hi Rich,
Glad you found us. Sorry you have to be here.

thanks!
i saw that in my trolling. what exactly is the rollcall? how does it work?

Every Wednesday (or whenever), stop by and say hi or give an update or anything you’d like.

Welcome aboard.

"Hi" Rich.... thanks for the intro. I noticed you used the word "Journey".... that is a word
that used to be common here for ones path to diagnosis. And after too.... I guess.

Do you go to an ALS clinic in NYC?

Hope to hear from you.

Welcome Rich. You will find a warm, caring, insightful, and humorous group of fellow journeymen here.

Welcome, glad you spoke up so you can become part of the family.

Welcome Rich! You’ve probably already figured this out, but the folks here are awesome. They share their experiences so we can have an easier time.
Tammy

Hello and welcome, sorry you're here, but looking forward to hearing from you.

Nice to hear from you, Rich. Stay positive and don't hesitate to reach out. All the best, Jim

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the welcome and the support.

I guess as long as we're moving forward, its a journey. Right?
I go to Columbia on the Upper West Side. I was diagnosed there. They have a great team.

Welcome Rich, sorry to see you here but your in a good place with caring informative people.

Welcome Rich!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back