Not Qualified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elaine - i know what you mean about being sick. i've been down with something this past week or so too. finally feeling back toward normal.

theresa - it's great your being a volunteer. sounds like you'll have fund.

al & lee - having a blast.....wish we were there.....dreaming of the ocean, palm trees, and a few days without a care in the world!

Hi tHeresa, if your friend doesn't answer, so be it ! His loss.
How did tHe meeting go? keeping busy really will take your mind of otHer tHings,you know wHat i mean..take care lol elaine

Hi elaine, a quick note, i Have a meeting in mississauga tHis morning.
i'll let Him stew for a wHile, maybe tHe spring weatHer, wHenever it arrives will get Him going.
tHe meeting was good, but tHey need a ton of Help for tHis. tHey Have upped it to Have anotHer one in two weeks.tHey are trying to start a launcH evening, perHaps at professors lake rec center if it is available april 1 for awareness and get volunteers. a variety of ideas went across tHe table, tHere were seven of us. i Had no idea How mucH went into to an event like tHis. not only tHe day of tHe walk, but getting entertainment, sponsors, material to spread out around tHe region for Help and information, contacting tHe media to spread tHe word. we need publicity and lots of it. i mentioned last year tHat tHe guardian gave only a little space to cover tHis, wHile tHe walk for ms was all over tHe papers. tHey are going to try to coordinate various publications to spread tHe word. next meeting is in two weeks.
well, better get out of Here, i am not use to driving more tHen tHree minutes to work, and tHis morning is a Half Hour.
talk to all soon.

Theresa ,you're right, sounds like alot has to go in to organizing a walk.
maybe we can all make it to the next one and offer some of our help.
let us know the details.lol elaine

Hi, it is a ton of work. i am in the middle of a possible job change witHin my organization, god only knows the hours i will or could be working, but i am hoping at least to help in what ever way i can. i can't with the impending new schedule and juggle the kids hours be 100 per cent, but as al said every little bit helps.
i believe the next meeting is wednesday, march 2 at 6:30 location mccrimmon public school located around the corner from lee and al's. let me know if you are interested and i will keep you posted.
gotta go back to work.
talk to all later

Theresa - good job on advocating for more media coverage. that is so important. good luck with your job change and we hope it doesn't affect your being a part of this group. melissa

Hi melissa, coverage and exposure is key to tHis, or any otHer disease not as prevelant as tHe top ten, cancer, ms, Heart disease etc, etc. tHe group will Have a couple of people on tHe committee witH guidance from tHose wHo Have experience How to proceed, and try to link in witH otHer regions wHo of course Have tHe same goals.
i will still be Here if i do make tHe cHange in positions. i won't be able to cHeat and cHeck in at work any longer, and i may be sick of computers after an eigHt Hour sHift answering emails, wHicH is wHat tHe position is, email rep to clients inquiries, but i will still be around. i tHink at tHe moment, it is going along tHe positive patHway, i observed tHe job yesterday, met some of tHe people and briefly witH one manager. tHe rest we did on tHe pHone today. but it is up to tHe department, Hr recommendation, and wHat ever my boss said to tHem about me, (o lordy). if it is meant to be, it will. i vowed i Had to make some cHanges to my life in 2005. tHis is tHe start.

Hey tHeresa,

congrats on tHe new job ! i know that you will be successful in your endeavours. sometimes a change is good. sometimes we need a kick in tHe butt to do so, but never tHe less, change is good. it will Help you to keep your mind off of you know who! man, He is a stubborn ole bugger isn't He? i could not sit at tHe computer for 8 hours a day, i would go crazy. it is bad enough that i have to use it at work for about an hour a day ! i have to send my figures and sales into Head office in tHe mornings and that is about it except for inventory and tHen i am on it for about 5 hours. i almost go blind ! hope you will enjoy it. anyway, it is colder than a witcHes tit Here, and i hate tHe cold. we will have to bundle up tonight. i find tHe bed so empty now that Henry sleeps in his own bed. it is so weird wHen you have slept with your spouse for 27 years. now all i have is tHe dog in with me. ha.. anyway, have a good night and i will talk to you all soon.

hi melissa, how are you sweetie? i had a dream about you tHe otHer night. we met each otHer in tHe mall of all places, and you brought me an american flag! funny.. how is nathan doing? hope all is well and your little kitty is giving you lots of pleasure. pets are a wonderful tHerapy aren't tHey?

Hey ted, come out of hibernation. fisHer must be frozen solid on his deck by now. oh well, tHe grand bend winter carnival is on so He can be one of tHe sculptures ! how are you doing fish?

kim, whats new? loved your email on tHe perfect couple. i just want to know wHere you found that picture of Henry and i ! hope all is well.

Hello to everyone else, hope al and lee do not have too bad of sunburns. and i hope that tHey are having a great time, sounds like it.

anyway, i am going to bed now. i need my beauty sleep. ha..no really !

nighty night all....much love xoxo

stay strong. carol

Elaine - hope you're feeling better from this bug that's going around. it seems like things might be clearing up a bit around here. not as many people hacking away!

theresa - it's true, all the illnesses that are not "hot" in the media need so much more coverage in our communities. i think i've mentioned before that i work with adults with severe mental illnesses and the stigma that goes along with that is fierce. i spend a lot of time both with my clients and with the community working with advocacy on that topic these days. i don't know how canada handles it, but the states don't do a very good job of caring for the ill, especially those with mental illness.

carol - i can't imagine sleeping alone after all those years. we have been married 5 years and i'd feel lost if i knew i couldn't be in the same bed as nathan. i admit, it makes me think to not take it so for granted. sometimes i just can't sleep because he's tossing and turning or what not and i go sleep on the couch. we both sleep better then!

where is everyone else? it seems kinda quiet around here. i guess everyone is still either on vacation in a warmer place or hibernating till it warms up. just think, we're almost to march, then april and then it will be summer again. until then, enjoy the "cuddle alert" weather! melissa

Finished with the cruise. great time wish we had done it sooner. saw a couple of people on board that were in chairs. 1 power and 2 manuals so i would think some of the people on the forum that have thought about it but were not aware that they are wheelchair accessible can at least travel with carnival cruise lines. they are pretty good. in ft. lauderdale until the 26 and on to tampa to see other friends. let me know when it is warm enough to come home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back