Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
US
State
California
City
Point Reyes Station
I was diagnosed a couple of months ago and while I try to keep an upbeat outlook, I do not accept ‘just going along’ with the standard medical outlook on this disease. There are cases all over the world of those diagnosed with ALS who have outlived the expectations and even put it into remission. My goal, via a protocol based on proven supplements, prescriptions and lots of care and water for the liver, is to do the same. I am working with a wonderful Homeopathic physician, outside the standard medical system.

For example, fasciculations (muscle contractions). I began having these contractions very strong and often about a month ago. I was surprised at the ferocity of it all. I had not worked out the protocol to follow yet on the whole disease, so I reached for the only supplements I had at the moment: Branched-chain Amino Acids and Vitamin E (3 tablets of BCAA morning and evening plus 800 units of E). Within 48 hours, the muscle contractions just disappeared. I was really surprised, so I looked into what BCAA was. It seems it is somewhat controversial because the doctors years ago did a study of it and ALS. From what I can see, a couple of participants died and the study was abandoned. Since then, BCAA is not recommended to use for PALS.

At that point, I had been without contractions for a couple of weeks. But I stopped taking the BCAA .... and at the same time began a protocol which has quite a lot of antioxidants in it. The contractions happen now once in a while, softly, one here, one there. In general, I don’t even notice them now. They are still a 90 per cent improvement.

In closing, let me say that the other day I had an EMG test and conversationally mentioned the good news about the muscle contractions. The neurologist smiled and never even asked me how I had done it. There was no interest in the subject. It is as though, even though little is really known about ALS, anything that does not fit into ‘the box’ is to be ignored.

Frankly, it is only via looking outside ‘the box’ that one can battle this disease. One should not just accept the diagnosis.

I admire your resolve. I would try that my self but, the expense is prohibitive. Please keep us informed of success of your treatment.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back