Status
Not open for further replies.
ruthiep.... very sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. as usual the advice in this thread is fabulous. take it all. try to stay positive. my mum is the PALS (age 52). She is in her third year now since diagnosis, and possibly has had it a lot longer. Don't believe anything anyone tells you about prognosis -- the truth is NO ONE knows how or why ALS progresses. My advice is to make yourself comfortable with the idea of ALS ( it will become easier to do this over time) and prepare for the long haul! I'm no where near letting my PALS go anywhere and don't foresee that I ever will be. There will be tough days ahead but you WILL manage.

Thank you all so very much for your replies....as I'm slowly finding out, support is going to be essential. I'm waiting for the the surreal stage to pass so that we/I can kinda put it on it the "back burner" but we're not at that stage yet. I won't even lie, I've still got a serious case of the butt about this situation. It truly stinks to watch this obnoxious disease taking hold of our lives. Again, thank you all....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back