North Carolina Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter, her boyfriend and I just walked in Wilmington, NC over the weekend. My husband met a young lady who came out to join the walk because she had seen a commercial for it and had never heard of ALS before. Once she learned abou the disease she came to walk and support those with ALS!

Oh Mary, what a wonderful story! What a blessing to have met her! I am looking forward to this walk. Raising money has turned to be a challenge, but we will do it. I hope you all enjoyed the walk you did! Blessings!

Hi Deana,

There is a walk in Winston Salem soon too isn't there? The people who turn out for the walks seem to be wonderful! I hope you get a chance to go.

Mary,

Oh what a wonderful day Saturday was. The walk in Winston was this past Sat. and the out pouring of people was amazing. There was close to 1300 people there and they raised 97K! It was so great to see so many people come together to walk for this disease. I have attend other walks before for cancer, but this was absolutely the most amazing walk I have had the honor to attend. Although Jeff has not been diagnosed, after learning in deeper detail what ALS does to one, we want to make awareness about this disease. Until you read post made by PALS and CALS, I do not feel a person can understand what all happens to a PAL. Even through reading, you can not really know what they go through. Praying for all the victims in this. One thing for sure, ALS effects everyone it touches! Hope your weekend was nice!

Hi Jeff!

We would have joined all of you if we had known! Maybe next year. I bet there will be amazing turnout.

Deana,

I am so happy to hear you had a wonderful day. They raised a ton in Wilmington too. This is such a great way to raise money and awareness and build community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back