Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't I move on? I don't expect anyone to respond but... The increased shortness of breath, the fumbled speaking, can't sing loudly anymore, the weak neck, the weak jaw. How do I move on from pseudobulbar and UMN? It is still very possible that I am UMN only with all these symptoms..right? The EMG only clears the LMN. Sorry. Back to googling. Darn. I just feel too lousy too long. Thanks for reading

Ok. Deep breath. How many normal neuro exams? That is where they rule out UMN disease Make your list for your neuro visit in March and please try to deal with your anxiety. Whatever else is or is not wrong with you you are only hurting yourself by dwelling on MNDs

Since Sept 2012, I have had about 10 normal Neuro exams, from about 4 different neurologists. The most recent last week. One dr said positive jaw jerk 2 weeks ago. The only real objective part of the Neuro exam to me, are reflexes. Over 2+ yrs I've had anywhere from 2-3+. The strength test don't seem reliable. Neg Hoffman, Neg or neutral Babinski. I have definitely progressively fatigued over 2 plus years, but not clinically weak. 5 normal EMG in 2 1/2 With UMN, I have the following either progressive bulbar or respiratory symptoms

Severe Shortness of breath at rest for last 7 days(wake every 2 hrs gasping for air)
Weak feeling jaw
Weak and stiff feeling neck (stiff for a year, now feels weak)
Stiff calf and leg and other muscles
Hold my head on my palm when seated cause neck tires so easily
Have bodywide fascics since 2012
Progressive fatigue (lie in bed or chair all day)
Totally winded walking flight of stairs

I am going to need some apparatus to help me breath so I can sleep. My understanding is that many MND are clinically diagnoses when everything else can be ruled out.

I have sought help from every doctor I could think of with no diagnosis and now I can't breath right or walk across a room without sitting down along the way. I keeping ruling ALS out only to bring it back with new unexplained symptoms. I know you are not physicians but this wait until you show major signs seems to be the only real way to diagnose UMN. I hope I'm wrong.

As always, thanks for reading.

I don't mean to sound rude in this post. But, have you seen a psychiatrist? I'm definitely not saying that you don't have something going on. But, I also feel you have a whole lot of anxiety that is taking total control of your life. It is only 5 am here. Are you getting any sleep at all at night? Stay away from Dr. Google please! You are only hurting yourself more by doing so. You truly don't appear to have ALS at all. We can't really help you anymore then to tell you that. The Dr's are going to have to be the one's to figure it out at this point. If you have any type of religious faith I would suggest you read some Bible scriptures or pray while lying in bed. It will help to calm you. Cuddle up with a pet if you have one. Do anything to distract yourself from your symptoms for awhile. Listen to relaxing music. Take a warm relaxing bubble bath. They are going to find out what is going on. In the meantime hang in there and be strong. You can do for yourself and your kids. Now please log off and try my suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back