Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
usa
City
city
I hope i post this right..
I know many people have more reasons to be angry than I do.
Quite frankly I feel guilty for being angry.
But I want to get this fixed quickly.
I get most angry when my legs just randomly fall from under me. And when my memory fails me. Lose train of thought. Forget where i put stuff. Cant get my words out right.
I love being positive so basicaly im writing this here to help me vent about this stuff. Not for pitty. I call people and joke and laugh then i get lost of what i was about to say. My words sound all wrong. When im around someone i dont really know im afraid they will think im a drunk.
I dont care for drinks, people who know me know that.
My daughter said aply for social security disability.
I explained i dont have a diagnosis. She said i can apply and social security will send me to thier neurologist. I hope she is right. Im doing that tomorrow.
I do apologize that im angry but I just needed to vent.

I think your daughter has a brilliant idea! You should give that plan a try. There should be people who work in social services who can help you with that paper work . . .

We had no insurance and went to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. It was obvious my husband had ALS, and he was admitted for further testing, and given a D X of ALS 7 days later. Doctor said his ALS had started much earlier, and we got SSDI immediately, effective to the date he had last worked. Last worked in Dec 2008, Went to hospital in Sept 2009, Benefits were retroactive to June 2009. Jan to May was our 5 month waiting period.

nothing wrong with getting angry it gets the circulation going. I get angry and then I try to solve the problem. Although it wont make the disease go away it does make me feel better and quite often I come up with some fantastic ideas of how to help my husband. Holding everything in causes my blood pressure to rise. Crying , laughing, also help.

I like to be positive about everything. Just lately the Anger has been building up.
I don't use foul language but sure was using a select few words (under my breath) when these legs just don't work.

Not the best thing to do but the anger and frustration had built up.

I want to be back to my normal self. Walking long distances and fast too.
Holding things withot dropping them.
Talking and thinking straight.
But i just have to be patient.

We had no insurance and went to the Emergency Room at our local hospital. It was obvious my husband had ALS, and he was admitted for further testing, and given a D X of ALS 7 days later. Doctor said his ALS had started much earlier, and we got SSDI immediately, effective to the date he had last worked. Last worked in Dec 2008, Went to hospital in Sept 2009, Benefits were retroactive to June 2009. Jan to May was our 5 month waiting period.

Sadiemae
Im sory for your husbands suffering. Im glad (not for his diagnosed) that he was attended to quickly at the Er.
I went to the ER and they said follow up with neurolgy this isnt an emergency.
From all i read on here.. stickies etc...
I most likely don't have als.
But something isn't right,
Just got to wait and see.
Thanks for suggestions though.
sincerely Ysabel

Went for my blood wok yesterday. Whatever is going on with me has gotten worse. But i try to subdue it with humor. Either reading the jokes thread or just thinking of humorus things. My walking is far too slow. But they will figure this out soon im sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back