Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Ottawa
Hi Everyone....Again I want to thank you all for your kind words. My mum passed away at 9am on July 4th. She was at home & smiled at her husband before drawing her last breath. she was a wonderful, caring woman who loved gardening & bird watching. Now she is with God in His garden. I'm no longer afraid for her because I know she's finally at peace...I feel that with every fiber of my being. The past 2 days, I've felt a great calm sensation within me. The first day however, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Even though I was expecting her to leave this world, it was still a shock. She was walking & talking just less than a year ago. How suddenly her symptoms came on. She was in so much pain & so heavily medicated towards the end, so for her I'm thankful that her suffering is over. Someone from my church told me about "redeptive suffering";whereby a person's pain can actually release souls in purgatory. I'd never heard that before, yet the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. It brings me a lot of comfort to know that her suffering was not in vain. Three masses were given in her honor yesterday & today I go to the funeral home for the viewings. Tommorow she will be laid to rest in the same cemetary as my brother. In the guest book of her online obituary, many kind sentiments were written about her character, all of them true. My prayer today, is that her spirit & strong faith will shine forth from me to help those who are devastated by her passing. While I mourn & grieve for her, I also have this very powerful sense of peace, that I hope to pass on to others. Last night in my sleep, my husband told me that I was laughing. I think that I was communicating with my mother, who loved to laugh also. While I miss seeing her, hearing her voice & feeling her hugs & kisses, I do know that her spirit so strong, will always remain. Though we are on different planes of existence, my mother & I will always communicate. She's with my brother now & her parents and importantly, she's with God. I will continue to visit here & hopefully help support those who's journey was much like mine. God Bless you all, Adele

Adele, your post is beautiful. I am so glad your mom passed peacefully. I know that people who die of disease often pass much in the same way they lived, as did your mom. You are an amazingly caring person to want to help others with their grief over your mom's passing, but please remember to also accept comfort from others. I have a feeling you will.... Your mom is surely very very proud of you. She and you are in my prayers, especially over the next couple of days. God bless you. Sharon

Hello Adele, I am sorry you have lost your Mom. She sounds like a wonderful and remarkable woman and I guess htat is probably where you got the qualities we noticed in you. Feel free to visit often. We are always here for you. Cindy

Greatfully sorry for your loss, but, it sounds as if she was a great woman and you are very proud to be her daughter. She is at peace now....the disease can no longer fight her...she is in a better place.

take care,

jamie

Adele:

I will pray for you and the rest of your family. As a Catholic, the doctrine of redemptive suffering is very comforting as it provides an explanation for our trials on this earth.

Adele,

Firstly, I am so very sorry for your loss.. words never seem adequate enough. You have described your mom so well that I can picture her. I have watched your posts and saw the steps you have taken to get to where you are right now. Good on you Adele, you were raised by a beautiful, loving woman who gave you all the right coping skills to go on. I can only hope that when my mum passes, that I have the grace and acceptance you have displayed.

Take good care of yourself.

Adele -

I am very sorry for your loss. I know from your previous posts how close you were and how much you did for your mom. And I know you did right by her.

Peace,

Liz

I just came back from my mum's wake & I wanted to share the poem that is on her memorial card at the funeral home. I thought it so apt. God's Garden God looked around His garden, and found an empty place. He then looked down upon the earth, and saw your tired face. He put His arms around you, and lifted you to rest. God's garden must be beautiful, He always takes the best. He knew that you were suffering, He knew you were in pain. He knew that you would never get well again. He saw the road was getting rough and the hills were hard to climb. So He closed your weary eyelids and whispered"Peace be thine". It broke our hearts to lose you but you didn't go alone. For part of us went with you the day God called you home. Unknown author

Adele,

That is a beautiful poem. I hope that the words help to comfort you today and the many tomorrows to come.

Take care.
Jeanne

Adele -

That was lovely.

One thing about ALS is that it gives us time to plan or suggest our own eulogies. I do spend time thinking about this and I hope I have such a nice send off.

Liz

mum

Thank you for your posts Adele. The poem brought tears to my eyes.

May God's Peace Be With You Adele

Adele, I'm so sorry at your mom's passing, but rejoice that she is at peace with the Father. I really enjoyed the poem. Mat God continue to bless you with peace as you share her love and God's love with others during this time.

God Bless
Capt. AL

Adele. Our sincerest condolences from myself and the others at als forums.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back