Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
NY
City
Jarrow
Hi all I posted a thread a few weeks back about the bumpy ride I've had since having my son in December, since then I've seen my neuro and had my MRI scan which came back normal,

I have read all the sticks that refer to perceived weakness etc and I really don't wan to waste anybodys time on this forum as I know a lot of people are genuinely suffering from this awful disease but I'm still extremely concerned to the point I'm cryin whilst writing this post.

The weakness on my left hand side is worsening and where my twitching seemed to be quite global it now only seems to be on my left hand side. Also my swallowing is becoming more difficult where I feel everytime I swallow I have a lump still stuck in my throat or feel like I can swallow at all, sometime it makes a clicking sound,

Anyway the weakness in my left arm/side and leg is getting worse It shakes when I Cary stuff and my son, I feel like I cant do anymore yet I don't feel any better 6 months down the line only worse. I've started exercising the last couple of weeks and I'm really struggling to with this weakness,

If anybody has any words of wisdom or advice id really like to here it, even If it is to tell me to get a grip, like I said I don't want to waste anyone's time just genuinely a concerned 22 year old new mam

Thanks

Victoria

Did you have a brain mri only? You may have a problem in the spine. It can cause some of what you are complaining about. You know your body and if you feel something is wrong keep going to the dr. I really don't think you have als, but something is going on.

Were you tested for weakness? Did they do blood work? I hope they figure it out.

My post went to moderation and will show up later. Sorry

Hi vic30b, have you been to the doc lately regarding your worries?

ive been and they wont do anything they just keep saying its anxiety but I really don't feel like this is anxiety I am literally going out of my mind with this It dominates my thoughts all day evry day and I know this isn't the right thing to do is worry but I feel im so young and should be enjoying bein a new mother but have all of these symptoms going on that don't seem to be subsiding!

Have you looked into getting some emotional support or counseling?

Not as such, I've spoke to the doctor About my concerns, not a councilor, do u think this is all anxiety?

many women can suffer from post partum depression and anxiety. I t is very real and very serious. I am surprised your doctor has not taken that more seriously. can you call your ob/gyn's off ice and see what they recommend? The actress Brooke Shields wrote a book about her brush with post partum depression I think. she was very ill from it. I don't know what they recommend, but I would think that medication is important so you can get back to caring for yourself and your new baby.

I really don't think you have ALS, but you are suffering. I do think your symptoms can be caused by anxiety but I don't think you can handle it by yourself. have you searched online about post partum depression?

I have looked into post partum depression as my mother did suffer with this Aswel however even on the days where I feel happy as Larry I still get all the symptoms, I understand what everyone is saying about anxiety but I've had anxiety in the past and I've never suffered like this, it's like my left hand side is someone else's body

In answer to ur question vicki it was of the brain and neck and top of spine, he did all the strength test and asked me to hop etc and wall with one foot I front of the other but no emg or anything like that, I had loads of bloodworm and all came back normal!

Sorry about the typos people!

All I can tell you is if you feel like it is not depression then go back to the dr. Its your body and you know if something is wrong. I really believe it is not als though.

part of the problem is you are working too hard to convince us and your doctors that it is ALS. it is not. you blew off my suggestion of Post partum depression though I would think your situation would lend itself to that more than a rare neurological disease like ALS. you have all the symptoms of serious anxiety and hypochondria, yet you have not gone for meds for that or counseling. you really don't want to help your self--you want to be sicker than you are.

you asked for it--"get a grip". we are not doctors--we gave you our best guess and suggestions--now go find what it is and stop diagnosing your self on the internet.

I know the feeling of weakness you are having and it is scary. I have it in both arms. I can still use all my fingers, but there is a real weakness and clumsiness. I hope you get some answers. Mine came from the MRI of my back. I have herniated discs and an old fracture.
The neurologist first said it would only cause weakness on one side. Now he is saying it is causing both sides to be weak.
I have the body-wide fasciculations as well. They are almost constant and can be anywhere. Small and large ripples. They may or may not be related to my spine.
Good luck to you.

Yes a lot of the time I agree with u completely I do need to get a grip not only for myself but for my family but sometimes it does frighten me when it's constantly there, I have booked am appointment to see a councilor to see if this helps,

Also I thought I would be worth adding that last night I went to my partners fitness class and there was quite abit of punching involved with gloves and pads, anyway I was fine after but web I walked out the session my pinky was dropping down and I couldn't raise it, when I was trying to it was going beserk shaking and I could feel it pulling all the way up my forearm, I'm hoping this is Because of the punching but I've woke up this mornig and it's still the same,

Christ I wish I never had that horrible infections and maybe none of this would of happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back