Diagnosis
11/2005
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Toronto
So last night I was enjoying a little bit of down time watching TV - hoping for a bit of levity before going to bed.

I turned to the Daily Show with Jon Stewart which I think is a great satirical news program and always worth a few laughs. The show was discussing Saddam Hussein's death sentence. Jon Stewart asked his foreign correspondent for Saddam's reaction and the correspondent said that Saddam could not have been more please: "The hanging sentence was actually a result of a plea bargain - it was knocked down from the standard sentence for crimes against humanity which is beheading, re-heading, semi lethal injection coupled with a demi-electrocution, a 15 minute time out to think about what you've done and then they give you Lou Gherig's disease."

OOF! That hit me where I live...at least it may raise awareness...

A hit

I did not see the program but after reading your comment I went to the web page. Only we know that nobody deserves this desease, not even Saddam Hussein.
Take care!

I've watched that show a few times and have heard him make reference to ALS before. I'd bet he has a family member or friend with it. AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back