00/0000
Country
FR
State
PA
City
Paris
Hi everyone, I'm Thibault from France.
I'm 34 yrs guy with a wonderful wife and 2 little girls (8 months and 3 yrs).

One night as I was going to bed, I felt like a vibration in my left arm (triceps). I immediately thought of a heart problem and went to the hospital. The doctor having seen nothing abnormal, I went home. No vibrations during the day (I learned the term "fasciculation" afterwards). In the evening, rebelotte. Then they became constant, always in the same area. About a week later, I had it in my right arm. Then within the same time, in both calves. Although annoyed, I had no motor problems.

Then the fasciculations became very rare in the arms but diffuse and constant in the calves. At the beginning of February, 2 days after a football match, I woke up with heavy legs. On my first steps, I felt something strange. A lack of tone in my right leg. This is where I noticed muscle wasting on the whole leg (thigh and calf). The right leg is my strong leg. Athlete, I know my body perfectly. It was not an innate asymmetry. So I immediately saw my doctor who, far from worrying, referred me to a neurologist (01/02). 2 days later, I pass an EMG whose conclusion reveals nothing.

The month of February is stable. Nevertheless, the muscle wasting causes me concerns at the level of the cracking joints. I'm having a lumbar MRI...nothing. A cervical MRI (degenerative disc disease from C3 to C7). I also notice that the upper part of my body on the right has lowered. The neck muscle, the sternomastoidien
right is less toned than the left. A hole has also formed in the cervical area, which is causing me neck pain on both sides. Fasciculations in the calves tend to be less diffuse, I find them in my feet. My right foot is painful when walking and always cold than the other. And the ankle muscles, on the other hand, are dug on both sides (near the ligaments).

Now the fasciculations are in my upper thigh (right). Less diffuse, stronger, acting by chorea. I also have spasms in the ribs, abs. Tingling and tingling in both hands, sometimes the face, chest or back. I make an appointment with the osteopath. While manipulating the upper area of my neck, where the hole is, I feel a vertical electric shock starting from this precise point to the right toe. In the evening, I sit on the sofa and feel a new discharge in the back, this time horizontal. I also often have fibrillations in the feet. Very sporadic fasciculations in the arms and also, spasms of the diaphragm and the larynx (as if something stuck in my throat).

I have to pass a 2nd EMG in 5 days as well as an MRI of the spinal cord. For kow i am still walking even if sometimes i have a lack of balance.
This is my story.
I'll keep you informed

Last edited by a moderator:
I would stop working with the osteopath for now, since you have a spine problem that manipulation might worsen.

I don't think you have ALS, given the normal EMG and issues that do not resemble its onset. It sounds like you have already had spine MRIs, so not sure what another one is for, but you might also ask about a CT, which can show different spine problems.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back