Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Karen,

I am sorry for offending you with my worries. I understand that it must be very frustrating to deal with people like me who are worried about having ALS while you actually have a diagnosis.

I have anxiety issues (which I am addressing through therapy) and you are right that my head is stuck on the disease.

I will try to stay calm and apologize for being so annoying.

I wish all of you the very best.

Dear all,

I didn't mean to write again especially since you have given me good reasons why I don't have to be here. Since my leg hasn't gotten worse, I actually became calmer.

But I have developed a new symptom and while my brain is trying to tell me it is impossible to have leg and bulbar problems , the symptom never goes away. I go to bed with it and I wake up with it.

May I kindly ask for your knowledge again?

I know my issues are in my left leg but I have now developed an inability to swallow on my left side.
It has started with terrible cramps in my throat which I was somehow able to play down as psychological but has turned into an inability to swallow with the left side of my throat. Whenever I swallow, it goes down on the right side but pools in the back of my throat on the left side.
I know that Globus and the feeling of not being able to swallow can be psychological but it is not just a feeling, the liquid does stay in my mouth and doesn't go down unless I try it several times. Also, I need to clear my throat after every drink.

Is it possible to have one-sided disphagia? I really don't make this up and I feel stupid to ask but it has been permanent for two weeks now.

The only time I ever heard of that here the person who did not have other symptoms( and was not anxious as you are) did not have ALS but had an operable benign brain tumor. I doubt that you have that any more than I think you have ALS but see a doctor and get checked

Dear Nikki,

thank you for your quick reply. I know it must be annoying and I truly appreciate you taking that time.

I went to the ENT who looked into my throat and said everything looked fine and to my neurologist again. My neurologist did a clinical exam again and said everything is just how it is supposed to be, no pathological reflexes, no Babinski whatsoever. He checked my tongue as well since I think there are fasciculations in it and he said that it's a bit restless but that it does not look how it would look in ALS. The strength of my tongue was normal. He said that he has had a lot of ALS patients so I guess he knows what to look for.

He told me again that he sees zero needs to do an EMG and that he would do one if he had any concerns so I guess I should trust this man and work on my anxiety despite the fact that iy probably takes some time and effort.

I am sorry for being so anxious and hence annoying but I truly appreciate the valuable feedback and opinions you have given me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back