00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
I just wanted to share .
For the last year I’ve spent a lot of time on this site reading threads from as far back as 2010.
spent a lot of time reading every new thread .
I was convince I had ALS . To be honest I’m not 100 percent over the idea that I don’t have it but I’m getting there .
my symptoms ? Non top calf twitching . Body wide twitching , neck issues , throat issues
Soreness and fatigue .
had a lot of blood work done and it annoyed me that everything came fine which fed me more on the idea it was ALS . I didn’t even have an MRI or EMG done because my doctors didn’t think it was necessary and that annoyed me more .
mine of my scariest symptoms was 24:7 twitching / tingling on my toe fingers . Instead of getting a referral to a neurologist my dr referred me to a podiatrist .
Actually today marks the anniversary of when my symptoms started .
I fail to believe it was anxiety but it actually played a big part of all this . One thing I didn’t mentioned was my mom suffered from severe anxiety , forgot the name of the medical term but she used to pull her hair out out of anxiety it was pretty bad , my brothers not all but some suffered from panic attacks.
My therapist said anxiety can be genetic . Didn’t know that .

anyway my face and jaw , would twitch , my eyes . My chin . Mouth .
instead of getting referred to a neurologist I got referred to a dentist . Do you guys know how annoying that is ?
anyway my dentist found out that I had bruxism . Didn’t noticed until she pointed that out but I constantly grind my teeth and press down hard which gave me weird headaches , jaw pain and twitching , can even cause eye twitching .
Also noticed my postured is horrible and going to be checked out for my neck ,

the podiatrist found a Morton neuroma , which causes tingling and twitching on toe fingers . Irritating nerves went as far to make my calf twitch .
I had so many things going on at once that led to more anxiety .
it started with a weird gastric symptom year that led to months of severe anxiety and a wild imagination and Google hurted me and made things worse.
Anyway my doctors said it isn’t ALS and said I had no symptom of ALS . Thank you all I wish everyone well . I was so convinced o had it to the point it feels weird now knowing I don’t have ALS . Guys , anxiety is a real thing , I thought I was immune to it but it can happen to anyone . Slowly things going back to normal might even hit the gym again after a whole year .

Thank you, Miggy, for stopping back by to illuminate so many potential connections with "ALS symptoms" that are something much more treatable, e.g. a night guard for bruxism, podiatry for the foot problems, etc. All the best for your health and getting back to the gym. As you see how much you can do physicially, and harvest your strengths mentally, your residual fears will dwindle, I believe.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back