NinaP's Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum.is such a stubborn kid. She sleeps with her eyes open so she can check im tbere. She got so scared when i said i got a nurse to stay with her her chin started shaking so bad.

Kiss her tell her you’re there for her always touch her like a child who needs comfort to go to sleep and sleep too

My sis is spending the night with mum in hospital i work tomorrow. She was crying when i left. Im crying at home. House is empty without her. First night without each other after so much time.

Mum got a big turn for the worst on thuesday. Doctors told us she has days to live. She cant eat or breath alone. Yesterday they placed ger on a tube and they misplaced it. As a result we were feeding her and giving her water all day while the tube wasnt in hee stomach. My sister noticed the tube was very evident in her mouth and they checked it and turns out they placed it wrong. Today she is without food all day. They cant find any veins in her hands anymore so they placed the vi it in her leg. Its beyond heartbreaking to watch. She stopped responding to us. Im home now eesting. Going to stay with her at night. I feel so numb like all was taken from her. Her dignuty.

Hugs Nina, I am so very sorry you have to be part of this. Praying for you.

I am so sorry Nina. Holding your hand virtually and sending you strength

Lots of love to you Nina

I'm so sorry Nina. Wishing you strength at this most difficult time. Kate

Sorry Nina--- such a sad time- wishing you strength.

Very sorry Nina, just be with her. Even though she doesn't respond, she may well know you are there.

I'm so very sorry you and your mom are going through this. Please know we are with you in spirit and sending lots of love your way.

Oh dear Nina, so sorry to hear about your mom's condition and the immense strain this puts on all of you. It's good you're there with her. Take care.

Everybody is telling me to be calm and life goes on. I cant believe i wont hear her talk or walk behibd me or cook or laugh her laughhh. We lived together since dad got sick and she was my rock on everything. Doesnt matter if she was sick all this time i still had the hope for a miracle that god can turn this around. Im so angry. So angry. So tired. Tired. Resigned. She is laying on a bed like a plant. Cant even mive her eyes anymore. Her one eye closed the other a bit open. We has dreams she wanted to visit so many places. To eedo the house. Had dreams about me fetting married. Ive stopped dreaming. Stopped. I dont dream anymore im so scared so scared. I know people kids yiung peoole die every second. I know. I just wish she had a bit more time.

Doctor said there is no use to use the tube anymore causing more troubles. We are just waiting for her to die. Her bowel now is like diarhea black pitch every half one hour. My left leg is so weak i keep my mivement minimum and i have notice of my left side my ribcage is so more evident. Is there a chance this could be atrophy? My left hand also is numb almost every mirning but i thinj thats probs because i hold mums hands all night. Poor mum her backside has an open wound now. We keep her on her left side in order to heal.

It's good they won't disturb her with a feeding tube at this point. Dying is probably not the worst part of her journey.
Is she in pain? Just aim for comfort. You told us about the tradition where a priest visits with a sick person and the family to pray. Maybe that's an option to find peace? Might be too much.
You're holding her hand, you're there for her, you're doing great.

This must be so hard for you. No wonder your body is responding to the outer turmoil, don't worry about atrophy. Try to maintain yourself a little, if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back