Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops; sorry, other clothes include pull on shorts, other yoga pants and I bought a few sarongs that were not supposed to be chiffon (see through) but they fibbed on that one. I wouldn't want to frighten anyone into a heart attack.

Great thread and information! Thanks everyone. Barbara

as weather gets cooler and jackets are so hard to get on, bulkey in the chair etc.. I wear capes,shawls whatever you want to call them. i use a sweater clip to hold the front closed and keep them on. on one shawl i had a friend attach a loop and button closure( a frog for thhose who know what that is) Since capes are generally shorter in the back,the bulkiness is not an issue.

Wings, what a great idea on the crocs. I had just noticed that the shower was feeling slippery and I had about five pairs of them from the days when I taught water aerobics. This was the first day in a long time I felt secure in the shower. What a simple idea and what a difference. Thanks!

Hjlindley, we found that using one of those rubbery like cloths for drying off the car works better for us than some of the "non-skid" mats. We just spread it out when getting ready to exit. Hope the crocks work well for you for a very long time!

My arms and hands are no longer working so what I wear has to be easy for others to handle. I can stand with assistance but do not walk.

I now wear elastic waist maxi skirts with a larger size tee shirt. (and no underwear :) because it's too hard for someone to get them down) One stands me up from my PWC onto the pivot board and raise my skirt to sit on the potty chair that's rolled over the toilet.

I also wear long patio dresses handled in the same way except for a 3 inch slit in the side for my G Tube to go through.

It is so difficult to wear attractive clothing when you have to rely on others to take care of you. They would rather I wear a hospital gown every day.

magpuf it sounds like u have found the perfect combination of style and function

Sue G, I love my new slacks from L L Bean! They're so soft and no pockets or anything to be uncomfortable in the PWC.
I'm wearing some jersey fabric "sweaters" for this transitional weather. I just put them on backwards and can easily take them off when I get too warm and KK is at school. They don't mind a little wadding up when I take them off and still don't look too wrinkled when I go to put them back on.

MaryPat, I love capes and ponchos and shawls too! They're so easy!

I also found some pin tucked long sleeved tees at L L Bean. They're cut a bit wider at the bottom and long enough for my Buddha belly.

I also love my L.L. Bean pin tucked top. I'm ordering more. Now that the weather is colder and wetter I need a poncho.

Sue G, I love my new slacks from L L Bean! They're so soft and no pockets or anything to be uncomfortable in the PWC.
!

Hi- Which LL bean pants did you get? 8)

The slacks Sue recommended are the ones called "perfect fit". They also come in Capri length. You can get regular or boot cut.

I really like the perfect fit pant as well. Out of the package they feel like they have too much spandex to pull up easily. But when you put them on, they are quite easy to pull up. But I need to try petite, the rEgulars are too long. This happens to me often. Problem is, the petites are often too short and the regulars too long. I'll order the petite and see how it goes.

But, the tip on the Danskin pants from wal am rt is great. I got the French terry pants and they're so soft and easy to pull up. And only $11! I'm having the same trouble with the regulars being too long. Just ordered the petites on line.

Now that it is cold and wet I need more than just a shawl but a coat isn't an option. We found a nice windbreaker poncho that folds up intoit's own pocket when I'm not wearing it. I have used it several times and it really helped kep me warm over a shawl or a sweater. Best of all it keeps me and my pwc dry.

any advise on comfortable non leaking depends or undies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back