Status
Not open for further replies.
Kim -your story about the ensure is funny. i can just picture it. anyone had their drink come out of their nose when in that situation?

yikes, approaching him about a will will be tough, i'm sure. but, everyone should have one because we are all going to die some day. maybe if you both did one together....it would make it seem less threatening. besides, you never know, you could be in a car accident before he ever gets that far! also, a living will is a good idea. that way, if you're ever unable to speak for yourself you/he can have his desires known ahead of time. i don't know if you've heard about the lady in florida whose having a battle over her by her parents and her husband as to whether or not to keep her on life support. but, that just sounds aweful.

i went out and got life insurance on both of us and disability insurance for him as soon as he mentioned something weird was going on. it really sucks to have to pay that monthly but i know we'll be thankful if and when we ever need it. so, whenever he does something scary like climb around on a roof, i say, at least you have life insurance! (that's just my coping mechanism of course, i'd rather have him than the money).

as for the house.....it sounds cool, we love old houses. the house we live in now was built in 1920. where in canada did you say this is? anywhere close to michigan? i wonder how difficult it would be to buy in canada?

okay, now i really do have to go (i said i was going a few minutes ago but then read Kim's book)! i'll read the other postings later. melissa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back