Status
Not open for further replies.

scotslassie

Distinguished member
Country
EU
State
City
Does anyone have any more news on Allen? It's been a while now. The DIH threads are lacking zest, I miss his input. Please come back soon Allen, you are missed. Sending you big hugs and hoping you are ok. xx

his light was on earlier,don't know if it was him or his wife but i did send him a visitors message as soon as i saw he was on.

His wife posted on a thread in the pals section that was asking for news of absent friends. I do not know how to link to it for you but due to change in caretaking situation he is now in a hospice facility but will have internet and hopes to be back soon

Communicate with Robin at galpalblue.

VL

She also posted on F B. Patience, we will be getting a big dose of Tr shortly to reduce the withdrawal symp toms.

At about 10:30pm last night, Allen died. He became very short of breath about 7pm and went quickly. Please keep us in your prayers.

Dear gapalblue,

You and your family have my deepest sympathies. Allen was without a doubt one of the best in our forum. He will be sorely missed by all.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Oh Robin! I am so so so sorry! Wishing you strength and comfort as you deal with this terrible loss! you are indeed in my prayers!

Last edited:
I am devastated :( I can not imagine how his family must feel. I am so sorry! I know from our conversations that he is in a better place but my heart is broken. I know I didn't know him long, or maybe not even that well, but for some reason we hit it off as good friends via the internet. Allen changed my life by changing the way I look at life in general. He is amazing. Allen I miss you so much and when I get to HEAVEN you will be the first person I hope to meet! Allen, your passing is an overwhelming loss and I am so so sad. I pray for your family and friends. I will miss you more than words can say. I will find peace in knowing you are pain free and moving around the way I am sure you used to before this terrible monster robbed you. I am sure you and Al are happy again. May we meet again someday my friend ...
Love,
Ami

Last edited:
Robin, thank you for letting us know, so considerate with all you are going through. Deepest condolences. So sad. He was such an anchor for us all. I feel adrift indeed with this weeks losses.
Love
Sue

My heart hurts. My deepest sympathies, galpalblue, to you and yours. He was a wonderful person and will be missed beyond measure.

We spoke privately not to long ago and laughed about agreeing to disagreeing about his responding to some very anxious internet think they had ALS people .
He was the one that whipped them into reality. I finally realized he gave them actually what they needed .
The forum will not be the same for me.I only went on for the shock factor he brought to the forum.
I will miss you .
RIP peace
God bless you and your family
Pat

Robin,

I truly loved Allen's common-sense approach to his postings. He was the voice of sound reasoning that so many that visit this forum needed.

Thank you for all of your loving support and care for Allen during his battle with ALS. You made a world of difference for him.

I will dearly miss his presence on this site.

Kim

i'm so sorry to hear this. i highly respected allen for his always thoughtful and wise comments. he will be missed. condolences to his family.

Al passed away in the early morning of May 31.
Today we had our ALS walk in Orangeville, where we raised over $15K.
He will be missed by all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back