Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
Ca
State
on
City
mount albert
Heard from Sunnybrook Hospital (Toronto) today. Person indicated that it looked like Edaravone would be approved in Canada for August/September. That's big news. Have nothing to substantiate other than her word.

Were you talking to Danielle? I was sure it would be more than a year to approve.
Vincent

The NDS was filed on March 9 and granted priority review on April 9. Priority review status means the target for regulatory review (and presumably approval in this case) is 180 days from filing acceptance. So that would imply approval, if all goes to plan, by early October and could be sooner at Health Canada's discretion.

My neurologist told me on Thursday that there is a special access permit for Radicava and ALS patients can get it for free if they qualify. At first they were only accepting people who had not infusing Edaravone, but they have expanded to allow even people who are currently on the drug. Best to talk to your neurologist!

Yes I was speaking with Danielle. For a variety of reasons, I have not started the process of edaravone infusions. Making it free has taken removed one of my reservations to this therapy and I will not begin the protocol. From a research point of view, I would still like to see studies that replicate the findings from Japan. With the number of people now using this drug world wide I'm amazed that more studies are not being conducted.

Thankfully my progression is slow but like all... progressive. All the best to all.

I strongly agree with you Ian, but I doubt a new trial will ever happen. Mitsubishi Pharma would have to pay for it, and what would the upside be? Yes, it works as per the first study. But what would the downside be? No, it doesn’t work, or can speed progression. Why kill the goose that lays the golden egg?

Correction... i will "now" be starting the protocol.

Good scientific research always involves replication studies. (Retired science teacher here) Not sure why it would have to fall on Mitsubishi Pharma to run the study.

Yes I was speaking with Danielle. For a variety of reasons, I have not started the process of edaravone infusions. Making it free has taken removed one of my reservations to this therapy and I will not begin the protocol. From a research point of view, I would still like to see studies that replicate the findings from Japan. With the number of people now using this drug world wide I'm amazed that more studies are not being conducted.

Thankfully my progression is slow but like all... progressive. All the best to all.

i have seen no forum reports that would encourage me to take edaravone. Not even close to a golden egg. Japan study .....boondoggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back