09/2008
Country
US
State
WA
City
Tacoma
Hello

My name is Betty, I have been diagnosed with MND. The drs are not sure yet if it is PLS or ALS, I am hopeing for PLS. I have had this for 2 years and no dr has been able to say what it was until 6 months ago. It started in my left leg, I had frequent falls (still do) and not able to walk correctly. Then came the slurred speach about 4 months after the leg thing. Now weakness in left hand started 2 months ago. I have had every test known to man, the most recent one being EMG/NCV. I am just glad someone has put a name on what is wrong with me. Of course if it had been my choice I certainly would have chosen another illness. I am not the kind of person to say why me? I'm the kind that says why not me. I knew before the neurologist told me that it was not going to be good. I am so happy that this forum is here.

Betty,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the DX you received but thats what this forum is all about. I'm with you on the PLS vs ALS.

Zaphoon

Betty, welcome. Glad you found us. We're all in this together, and it's a really supportive group.

BethU

Sorry you had to come looking for us Betty but you are in a good place.

AL.

Welcome Betty,

I'm sorry you found us, but I'm also glad you found us. This is a great bunch of "family" to share with, laugh with, cry with, vent with, or just read and listen. The knowledge you will gain and the support you will be given are amazing!

I was diagnosed in June this year with bulbar onset ALS.

I will keep you in my prayers,

Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
brenda

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back