Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not trying to have fun here. If you could just explain what it is that you want answers for then someone might reply but all you have said is What's next? No one knows that or can tell you what to expect. Your husband's breathing could get compromised and he may need a Bipap or a trach and a vent. He may need a feeding tube but I don't know if he has swallowing issues. You're not giving us much to work with here. How can we answer when you are being so vague. And by the way I do have a good friend with a spinal cord injury and he says he'd rather be him than me.

Al said:
I would hope you would have family and friends but with an attitude like that I can see you might be alone.
Thanks

Hey guys? Al determines who on who is not on my death bed?

Ok Onion you are not making any sense here. I think it's time to quit the banter here and if you could answer the questions rather than posing rhetorical questions and then babbling about no one wanting to answer you, we might make some progress.

Onion -

Maybe if you browse through some of the old posts and see what people here talk about and what kind of information is shared, you can decide if this site is for you or not. If you do, you may notice the respect everyone here shows each other because we all understand the challenges we are facing.

I don't think; however, that jumping down Al's throat is going to attract others to respond to your posts.

Liz

Onion,

I'm shocked at your level of abuse.

Rule #1 is to be polite and respectful and goes without saying. Please keep your conversations civil or your account will be removed.

Actually, you've already asked to be removed, so I will honour your request.

Your account will be deleted momentarily.

Onion, your account has been banned. I've taken the time to email you a personal message regarding your account.

Please feel free to respond by email.

Take care,
David.

A Clue?

You need a clue - here is my clue> Have some compassion!
Everyone here is going or has gone throughout this and has felt what you are feeling. Do you want to be here sharing your experience and finding some answer to your questions? Fine, we are here with you. We cannot change how you feel.
This clue comes from a young widow to ALS who is also now a single mom. I know pain and difficulties, I also know that people want to help if you let them.

Hi Al. I think I've told you this in the past but it bears repeating. You do a great job of moderating and I know we all appreciate the support and information you have at your fingertips! A DX of ALS is the most debiliting and overwhelming news anyone can receive and we all handle that news differently. Thanks for being there for us!

Thanks for the vote of support everyone. I'm not trying to be a know it all. I'm just trying to help with what I can. AL.

Al,

I think you did and do a fabulous job. Onion was obviously misdirecting her anger at you, rather than the nasty diagnosis her husband has. She's in denial and needs to go, as I'm sure you know, through all the stages of grieving that one goes through for death and dying and for horrible diagnoses of progessive diseases.

I just hope she can find some help for her anger, before it destroys her and also her relationships.

Linda

Hey Al. Don't feel alone. I always try to welcome newcomers with some sort of acknowledgement message since it helped me so much when you all did that for me. I didn't think I was being trite and patronizing, which is how that got described. But this entire exchange was never about how we try to support each other. It was always about the misdirected anger and grief over the DX. So we're ok, all of us. Keep up the good work and thanks once again! Cindy.

i think onion was drunk.

god knows I get angry, but that was crazy talk.

I agree she may have been (very) drunk. She had posted on some other threads earlier that day in a very reasonable way then late that night she seemed like a totally different person. An unfortunate episode.

Liz

I've seen her on a different forum using a different name and she is nice as pie over there. She must have been having a real bad day when here. Too bad, all we were trying to do was help. AL.

Wow Al! That was shocking. Take a deep breath and know that we are all right here supporting you. I have not been here long, but does that happen often? People with so much anger that they just lash out at anyone? Don't let it get to you. We all know how caring you are, and what a tremendous help you are to this group.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back