Newbie to the site Father had ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara2k

Hello all,

I'm glad I stummbled upon this site. My father was diagnosied with ALS 10/04 with bulpar onset. He progressed quickly.

I am still dealing with my loss. He died April 05. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in this journey and I would like to connect/support other children of PALS.

I hope that new research can help find a cure so that no other familys have to deal with this.

Tara:

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your father. I lost my mother last April from complications of MS which she battled for 30 years. Now, my father is in the process of being diagnosed with ALS. He still has to go through some tests including and MRI but his treating neurologist is confident that the diagnosis is ALS.

Maybe we can help each other through the grief of losing a loved one and just be a support for one another. I'm new to this forum, this being my second post and I really don't know what to say so, please excuse me for being at a loss for words.

Welcome Paul. You live in one of my favourite parts of the U.S. We have relatives in Lexington and it is a great place to hang out in. I've been to some of the smaller places around there and the people are some of the friendliest I've ever met. Sorry you have to be here but glad you found us.
Al.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back