Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
I almost took the transfer board out of the van the last time I cleaned it, as we have moved on to transfers only with the lift.

I'm glad I didn't, because today I found a new use.

One of our few local restaurants has all gravel parking, but in the handicap area there is a concrete pad over what I think are gas tanks (for the marina). It was raining and we've had trouble with gravel, so I parked there. LEaving the resturant hubby ran his chair over the cap where they fill the tanks. There is a plastic cap that juts up at an angle and has a recessed hole in the center. Guess where the bolt for the locking system in the van wound up. Yep, right in the top of that cap. He was stuck on the darn thing and the only movement he could accomplish was pivoting in a circle around that darn bolt.

I have a short aluminum ramp in the van; it didn't work. The slide board, however, worked like a champ when I stuck it up under one of his wheels.

Don't be to quick to pass the slide board along. You just never know...

Becky
Queen of Everything

Ahh Becky, the visual gave me a good laugh. It is always an adventure

so much adventure girl!!!

I love your stories even while I wonder how you retain any sanity at all :lol:

Becky, I hope it was a damn fine meal!

Way to go Becky! I think that all of us dealing with this disease have become quite resourceful and excellent problem-solvers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back