Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the responses...I do try to always remember there are people going through so much worse all the time...especially children.
I just took a nasty fall last Tuesday in the shower, my leg gave out and I fell into the shower doors, knocking them out and fell onto them....1/2 in and 1/2 out of the shower. Hubby came running and helped me up...nasty bruise on my left leg and sore as heck for days. Now headed back to the Neuro to see what he thinks.

>I just took a nasty fall last Tuesday in the shower, my leg gave out and I fell into the shower doors, knocking them out and fell onto them....1/2 in and 1/2 out of the shower. Hubby came running and helped me up...nasty bruise on my left leg and sore as heck for days

Ouch! I have been worrying about the same thing, I'll take this as advanced warning, Thanks!

Max

Was.
I know that I wasn't expecting to get this bad....denial I guess. I'm pretty scared at what tomorrow brings now. I also have been hit hard with bladder issues. I just had my second interstim nerve stimulator put in. It helps a little, but I'm still having full blown accidents, some at night, some during the day. This keeps me pretty much at home, because it's humiliating.
I just became a grandmother for the first time in January and it's hard holding her without a pillow under my arm for her to rest on.

Hi.
I wrote basically the same thing as you. The future looks bleak but I am okay today. Hard to hold on to a positive attitude tho, without being in denial. But my doctor makes it very
clear to me that I can't fix this thing.

I too have had "full blown accidents". I Have been for over two years. Very embarrassing to say the least. The first time was the worst because I didn't know I had a problem. I was with my sister and young niece in a very exclusive dress shop. Wow.

What I do to help my mental state is get on line and research what is going on in the
area of trials and latest developments. I happened upon a stem cell therapy called Nurown. This was discovered by the Israeli's. A clinical trial was completed with great results
and passed safety. Two hospitals in Mass. and the Mayo Clinic have signed contracts
to conduct phase 2 clinical trials. Please read up on this. It isn't just for als,pls but all UMN
diseases to include Parkinson's and MS. Lot's of money going into research.

the two hospitals are still waiting for the FDA to approve the procedure...been over two years...was on a list but imagine no longer as I passed the four year mark last feb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back