Reason
Loved one DX
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Hamilton
Hi. My name is Adrienne. I have seen my share of heart ache and pain when it comes to ALS. My grandfather was diagnosed in 1995 and passed away in 1997. My father passed away from the disease 1 week before Christmas 2006. My great uncle died from the disease around 1985.
We are apparently of the rare 5-10% of ALS sufferers that are familial.
To be honest, I fear for my children, my brother, my nephew, my aunts, uncles, cousins and myself. Who will be next?
My family and I will be walking in our local Walk for ALS this June. We have come together as a family unit for support and comfort.
I don't really know what else to say at this point. I just wanted to introduce myself.

Hi Adrienne. I'm just over in Orangeville. I'm the first one in my family to have ALS and hope I'm the last but we never know what we will pass on. I am a large supporter of the walks and am glad that your family is getting involved. Money from the walks goes to research and without that there would be no hope. I am sorry for the loss of your family members but welcome you to our site and if you have any questions or just want to vent feel free to jump in.
AL.

Welcome Adrienne. Glad you decided to join us. Taking part in walks and fundraisers for ALS sounds like a great idea. So positive of you to take a bad situation for your family and turn it into good action! Regards, Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back