Diagnosis
12/2007
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Kissimmee
My mother is soon to be 58, she has been diagnosed with ALS back in December. Once I learned that it would be two to five years before the inevitable, I went into a deep depression. I did soooo much research, and even learned about Eric Edney, China Stem Cells. I almost fell for those scams. But I have felt that there was not enough information out there for me to make a decision. But I digress. I just wanted to introduce myself.
I am Ross. I look forward to learning more about this disease and finding out how I can be of more help to my mom emotionally. I am not going to lie, I am very scared, and saddened as I see her situation get worse. Two weeks ago, she finally caved in and decided to get a cane. This is a very heartbreaking situation to be in as many of you already know.
I hope that through this medium, I may be of help and support to you, as so many of you already have been tonight with your posts.

Hi Ross,
Sorry about your Mom, but glad you found this site. It is a great place to vent, to ask questions, and receive support - it's been a God-send for me. My husband has ALS and is in the late stages so I know what you're going through - we all do. All I can give you for advice is to be there for your Mom, try and understand what she's dealing with (this won't always be easy!), and enjoy each and every moment. Don't put off to tomorrow what you can do today - none of us know how many tomorrows we have. Tell your Mom how much you love her - as a Mom myself, nothing makes me feel better than my kids telling me that they love me - makes it all worthwhile!
Best to you and your Mom,
Beaner

Welcome to the forum, Ross. From what I've read it takes a while for the shock to wear off. We will be here at every step of the way, though. Cindy

I also am new to the site and so sorry for your mother, I also have a family member afflicted with this terrible disease. My little brother just 38, i cant believe how fast he's lost the ability to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back