Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
Hello everyone! My name is Scott and my wife tells me this is an awesome forum to be a part of. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this because other then an afo on my left leg, my life has'nt changed much. I still work full time and fish bass tournaments on the weekends! I'm not hiding from the fact that I have als, but I'm trying my best not to let it rule my life! I have read alot of posts, and there are some heart-wrenching stories out there, and my heart goes out to all of you that are suffering thru this! I'm sure i'll open up more later, but for now I just thank the GOOD LORD for every morning that I wake up and see the sun shine! GOD BLESS each and every one of you on this forum, thank you for hearing me, and keep fighting!

Welcome Scott. Sorry you had to come looking for us. A positive attitude is half the battle. Hope we can help.

AL.

Hi Scott, love the attitude, it's reflected by so many on this wonderful forum. Sorry that you have ALS.
Aly

Hopefully, your life won't change much for a long, long time!

Hi Scott,

Sounds like you are really living each day--smart! My husband also started with an AFO on his right leg 2 1/2 years ago. He just mowed the lawn yesterday, with our rider, and although I had to work the clutch, he was content as can be.....living life. The forum has been invaluable when you have a quick question, or need a good laugh, or want to catch up on a forum friend, or want support. Bass fishing--wahoo--sounds like fun! Welcome to the forum!

Hi Scott! Like you, I began with needing the AFO, which I used before '06--can't remember precisely when. I want to say that feeling good and enjoying all you love to do is great, and I hope you can continue for a long time. But also look at your home in a detached way if possible, and think of what you or someone would need if they were in a big wheelchair. A ramp...widened doorways? There's a search above in a blue bar, where you could look for some information. What you do now to have a usable home will be so welcome later. God bless you.
Ann

Welcome to our rag-tag loving family Scott. Talk to you soon! Stay positive Toots! It makes a world of difference for you and your loved ones. ;)

Hi Scott! Great attitude, this is the best way to approach ALS. Focus on living and not on the dying. Welcome to the forum.

-Tom

Thanks everyone for the welcome! For sure there is strenght in numbers, so why fight alone! This is going to be an awesome site to meet new folks and learn, just another opportunity life throws at you in wierd ways! 28 years on the job today! Mowing the yard after work then maybe swimming with the 3 year old. Hope everyone has a productive and peaceful weekend! Roll Tide! Scott

Welcome Scott, sorry for the diagnosis but this is the place to get your questions answered. There are some folks from Alabama here. (Joni where are you?)
I like to think I'm living with this disease. Keep the positive attitude too. We try to have fun here on the forum.
Many of us have young kids too. My daughter will be 12 next week.
Take care,
Susan

Welcome to this great forum. Keep fishing, and tight lines.

Hey, Scott! Welcome. Hope you find lots of support from us. Look forward to you posting!

Nice of your wife to point you in our direction...

Welcome Scott, have lots of fun fishing, and keep that attitude! :)

Welcome to the forum, Scott. This IS the place to go for questions, comfort, and laughter; the folks here can be highly entertaining, and also have the corner on advice and suggestions to make your life easier! You might think about looking into participating in a clinical trial:

Clinical Trials in ALS - The ALS Association

There are many that are currently recruiting, and it is a way to make a difference for all PALS.

Hey Scott,
welcome to the forum , I am friends with your wife. All good people on here Scott. As you can see I don't live too far from you, if you have any questions you can call me anytime. My disease started out a lot like yours . I had left foot drop. got an AFO, for that foot first, . I continued to work for a year and a half after diagnosis . I hope you and your wife decied on the support group sometime soon I'll be looking forward to meeting you and her in person. I promise you will have a good time, Also downtown music Fest next sat. night . Maybe you and Ruth can make that. If you need any info on it. Let me know.
JEFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back