Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
NEW YORK
City
REMSENBURG
Hi new to the board, I was dia 2 1/2 years ago.It started in left leg, still able to drive but my right leg I feel will get the worst and that be the end to driving. I am 70 everyone tells me when you get ALS when your older it slower I dont know that for a fact but I,ll take it. My ? to everyone, is it harder and harder to get down and up from the john,how does everyone handle this. Thanks Bob

Bob- I am glad you made a new thread out of this important question. I offered a few tips on the other thread, but I bet others will have lots of advice later on. If you want to find the thread where you first posted this question, click on the tab above this screen that says "new Posts" and look for a recent post by Cindym.

Good luck. You seem to be finding your way around very well, though!

Remsenburg

It appears no one wants to give any advice,its ashame that so many people are so neg

We're not all negative, in fact, I bet most folks here really care. I am just starting on this awful journey [DX04/08] and don't have any guidance for you, but someone will soon! ;-)

bob, i started like u. left leg, than rt. leg, hands n speech. n yes it gets harder n harder, so i got a higher toilet seat.

help in the bathroom

At first, I got a raised commode seat with attached arms. That was good while I could still walk and my arms were strong. Then I had to graduate from cane/walker to a power chair.
In my bathroom now I have an lift assist commode seat which lifts me to a standing position. I have a superpole in front of the toilet and shower chair. My wc doesn't fit into the bathroom in our rented apt so I have to manage a few treacherous steps in and out. But we're moving soon and my new bathroom will have a ceiling lift.

anything you scan do to help yourself is worthwhile. Good luck

Bob, may God bless you! Welcome to the forum! Wish I could help you, but I am a former Cals. Keep us posted, and take care of yourself.

Irma

Remsenburg

Thanks tall for your help,I am going to nyc Mt Siani to see Dr Dale Lang ,to discuss some clincial trails that were approved by the FDA . i,ll let you know how it turns out Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back