Diagnosis
n/a - family member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Harmony
Hello all - just from viewing the threads this looks like a wonderful site for questions/answers and support!

My mom first started having troubles early this year - was diagnosed with Bulbar Palsy in June. Her speech has declined since the onset and has choking/coughing espisodes during meals and it seems within the last month or so she has had balance problems with lots of falling and is now relying on a cane. She is still mentally sharp with her same sense of humor although I have noticed depression has set in. My inclination is that when we return back to the dr. that this diagnosed is going to turn worse. What else can I expect?

God bless you all for dealing with this!

Hi Jackson- sorry to hear about your Mom. You landed on a good spot on the internet, though, as there are lots of folks here with experience to help your Mom prepare and cope. feel free to aks jst about anything. People are warm and caring and more than willing to help. Cindy

Thank you so much for your reply! I guess I just need guidance in what to expect next. It's just brutal - there are just days where I feel as though I am going through a greiving process all over again, just like the day we received the diagnosed! I truly do not know how she is handling this herself! Thank you for your support, I might really lean on it as time goes on!

Hi Jackson, we are in a similar situation with my father-in-law. He was diagnosed a couple of weeks ago with bulbar ALS. He has had a PEG for a couple of months now, before the diagnosis, but he has not had any new limb weakness yet. We are still trying to cope as well with what is next.

Marisa

Dear Jackson and Marissa- feel free to lean on us anytime you want. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back