Status
Not open for further replies.
>Neil - I didn't know that about Nuedexta. I just started taking that. I choke on water if I'm not careful. It'll be interesting to see if it helps.

Tracy, I started it again on Jan 1, so let the trial begin :)

Didn't work for me, made me feel depressed. I only took it for a few days. A lot of meds effect me backwards to what it should.

Janie

Quilter let me know if it helps. Worked for me in just a few days, but Im sure it wont work for everyone. There are clinical trials going on now to scientifically see if it helps with swallowing. They were started because a number of PALS taking it mentioned how it helped.

vishara, welcome!

If you haven’t already, make sure you inquire about short and long-term disability from your place of work.

Start investigating adaptive clothing. For example, you can get shirts with magnets hidden behind the buttons and pants with Velcro.

Even if you don’t need a cane or walker/rollator, it’s good to get one ahead of time so you have it ready when you need it.

I agree that it would be sacrilege to eat sushi with a fork. But it is perfectly acceptable to eat sushi with your hands/fingers.

Welcome Vishara! You sound just like my husband, only he's a couple years further into his bulbar onset ALS. He's still independent although he stopped talking two years ago (uses notepads and an iPad) and stopped eating and drinking over a year ago (PEG tube). He can still walk, drive, and golf (a little, that is coming to an end). His arms are getting weak but his hands and fingers are still okay. If you ever have any specific questions, I can share his experiences with you. He won't come on here but he sends me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back