jmccarty

Country
US
State
VT
City
Lyndonville
This is repeat of the introductory post I made in the Research section - John

Hi Everyone, Dr. McCarty here; I've watched this particular forum for over 4 years now – watch it struggle at one point simply to survive and now it is thriving: a great resource of which I'm excited to be a new member. Some of you may be familiar with some of my previous work in MND helping folks understand the biology/pathology and to evaluate the various therapeutic options. In the past, I was proud to be able to help PALS not only to become empowered against this disease through sharing knowledge but also in facilitating the efforts ongoing around the the world to find and develop the therapeutics that PALS so desperately need. Time is not on the side of patients and despite having come to terms with the grieving that is inherent with what I did - becoming so involved with the brave folks coping with these diseases, at this point, I'm currently simply devastated by the situation.

If there is anything I can do for folks, feel free to send me a PM or email to my gmail account: jsmccarty . I'll try as well to look for threads where I can apply my MIT training and world-wide work experience to provide insights to the black box that is ALS. Given the basic needs in my personal life right now (simply trying to provide for my family), however, I may not always have time to view all the threads, so please don't hesitate to point out any such. Along those lines, I'm also very open to any and all suggestions as to how I can continue to be relevant in helping the important work that needs to be done in MND and other overlooked unmet medical needs; I look forward to hearing from folks.

I responded to your other post but want to once again welcome you to our forum!

Hey Joel - we've know each other a while. Good to see you active here.
John

Welcome to the forum John. I've enjoyed reading your postings and corresponding over the years at ALS-TDI(F) where you moderated the forum. Your insights and knowledge of current research trends were always enlightening. I wish you well in wherever your future takes you.

John

Hey John,

Welcome to the site. It will be interesting to see what experiences you can share with us.

Glen

Welcome to the forum John. I have utmost respect for your knowledge and I know you'll be an asset to this community.

-Tom

I am here to keep an eye on John..
(giggle)

Eric - heaven forbid that anyone assumes we are one and the same person again - so assuming we co-habitat the forum we should be able to establish based on new proof

Welcome John,
I, like others have read some of your posts on TDI and look forward to what you can bring to this forum.

Cheers
Peter

Welcome to the forum John!

Welcome...always nice to get sound "medical" or "research" news! Thanks for joining.

Eric - heaven forbid that anyone assumes we are one and the same person again - so assuming we co-habitat the forum we should be able to establish based on new proof

Ok , WTF are you talking about ?

I ass-u-me Eric is your giggling kling-on ?

Welcome to the forum John. I have enjoyed speaking with you at ALSTID. I have respect for your knowledge and your willness to share.

Ok , WTF are you talking about ?

I ass-u-me Eric is your giggling kling-on ?

Long story short: A discussion on another forum got heated and I was accused of being the good doctor's doppelganger. I took it as a compliment to my logical skills.

I do (did) my "doctor" work on computers and networks. The malpractice premiums are ever so much lower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back