Status
Not open for further replies.
boarding care

thank you capt al. i receive good care in the boarding home. there are good ones and bad ones out there. i was fortunate to get a good one. i have to train them a little bit or should i say educate them. i try to be independent as much as i can. when i need the care giver, i press my bell button, it rings the bell and a care giver will come and assist me. i can go out for a day with my daughter after we rent a mobility van. i also signed up for para transit to get a ride to appointments. i did not want to go into a care facility. my daughter, bless her heart tried to take care of me. i saw every day how depressed she became and that made me cry even more. i decided for everyones welfare, that i should go into a care facility. god bless, felicia

Thanks so much for the feedback Felicia. It helps me a lot to get all the information I can while I can, so when decision time comes I can make a more informed decision.

God bless
Capt. AL

Welcome Felicia,

I am also interested to learn about your living situation. My Mom has als and unfortunately, my Dad just can't care for her alone anymore. We are now beginnig the search for a group home and/or other options in their area. Sorry you have to belong to this group but believe me, these people are a blessing to me and so many others. Take care and have a super day!

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back