Status
Not open for further replies.
Emory is wanting me to come for a two day screening in Jan. for the stem cell trial. I've been reading how it helped Ted on here so I hope if I'm a good candidate and they inject the cells in me that it will help me to keep on breathing! I haven't had any problems with my breathing or swallowing yet so maybe the cells will help keep it that way.

You are in my prayers!

Feel free to PM me if you like. Please keep in mind that this is first and foremost a safety trial. Thet results I have seen are atypical and while I have been extremely helped and blessed by this research, I still have ALS. As long as you understand the risks, the realities and decide to do it for the right reasons then I would definitely recommend it. Feel free to ask any questions, I am happy to help.

That is a bit of good news!

Yes I know it's only a safety trial but I truly believe that God isn't directing me to take a chance and try this. Even if it don't help me it might help someone in the future. I want to feel like I contributed my part in helping find a cure. So that maybe someday if my kids were to ever experience having to go thru this or have their wife end up with this terrible disease they might have a cure by then. Please pray for me and my family.

You need to contact Ted about the stem cell trial. We love Dr. Glass and the team at Emory. My husband is in the Dex trial but we feel that we have the placebo. No changes except rapid progression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back