00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
City
Leeds
Hi all,

Apologies, I’ve opened a thread before but it is now closed, please feel free to merge (if possible).

I’ve posted before about widespread twitching and received some very helpful responses that a twitch means nothing without weakness etc. However I just wanted to ask a related question.

My twitches are still present, although less however I’ve had a few hotspots, the most recent being the muscle at the side of my left eye (it’s vertical, between the eye and temple). This has been constant for almost 2 months and is getting stronger, in the sense that it moves a larger portion of my eye, almost raising my cheek. I have recent developed a blocked ear and slight tinnitus also on the left side. These are the only symptoms I have but being on the same side, it’s got me slightly concerned.

I’ve had 2 clean clinicals and my neuro is aware of the twitching, however not the eye one, given this started after I last saw him. He’s never felt the need for any additional testing.

Not looking for medical advice obviously however wondered peoples thoughts on if I should push for testing or if this sounds like something of concern being all on the same side.

Thank you!

You should have your gp check your ear.
eye twitching is particularly unworrying as I just posted on another thread today

last thread with link to one before Buttock atrophy and twitching

Thank you for responding. They twitches of the eyes themselves went, this is the muscle next to the eye which is why I was a little concerned when the ear issues are also in that side and I’ve heard of a link between tinnitus and ALS.

No, there is no link between tinnitus and ALS. As mention an infinite number of times, twitching means nothing in isolation, no matter where it is. What is it that you disbelieve about this fact?

For the record, I have tinnitus but I don't have ALS. When you get a headache, do you automatically think you have a brain tumour? Most likely not, so it's truly best for you to put aside this fear.

Best of luck to you and take good care.

Eyes don't usually twitch with ALS but even if they did, you know that twitching means nothing, it is FAILURE of muscles.
I've had tinnitus for at least 30 years.
Honestly, do this with your doctor, we can't reassure people over these long periods of time. It wasn't ALS then, and it's not now.
You should block this site for your own mental health.
I truly wish you the best, it's just not good for you to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back