Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
CA
State
AB
City
CALGARY
Please go ask your dad these questions. It's beyond disrespectful to continue to ask terminally ill people if you have ALS (which you don't), instead of asking your dad who is apparently an ALS expert. It's time to leave this discussion behind you and go with what your dad says.

Good luck to you.

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
City
Seattle
In the report, it is mentioned that you had exactly one fasciculation in the second muscle that has you so worried. But here's the important part: even if you had a boatload, it wouldn't matter. Nor does the polyphasia mentioned. The abnormalities that are seen in ALS aren't there. And no, given the issues you feel, they're not going to show up later -- the fascics are not some kind of prodromal stage. While I realize the urge to Google is strong, so is the urge to eat dessert instead of dinner. I imagine you can resist that urge most of the time.

I can only assure you, as can your dad, as did this neuro, that there's nothing in your history or tests that suggests ALS. If he is in the field, he has seen health anxiety before and can refer you to someone who can help.

As for the twitches, many people find that tweaks in their diet, hydration, workouts, stretching, stress, and sleep can help. I'll bet you can, too.

Clearwater AL

Very helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2016
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
I have no idea how this has stumbled onto two pages.

"Reasonable suggestion. For some reason it seems easier to ask strangers on the internet but that makes sense."

More than reasonable. Thanks for the donation, I'd bet your father would be proud that you have unless
he has read your thread and the replies from very ALS knowledgeable members.

Golly, you're 37 years old.... your thread is somewhat typical to what we get from 18 year olds.

Hope your worry of ALS can be finally put to rest.

PS. From your second reply...
"Maybe there's the problem, maybe I need treatment for anxiety as a primary issue."

Yes.

Last edited: