10/2006
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Flint
Hi,

Today I had appointment with DDS Doc. He did a "feel the prick?" test on my limbs and hands. My left leg has been numb for 4 years, so no feel and no surprise there. However, on the palm of my right hand, which has atrophy, I could not feel it either. Big girl that I am, I burst into tears (just for a second - mom would be proud). and said, "This has never happened before," which it hasn't. NOTE: DX first time ALS - Octorber 31, 2006. But thanks to second opnion, I am on second series of IVIG, just in case it is Multifocal Motor Neuropathy MMN).

Second new / more frequent symptom: Daily sharp shooting sporatic pains in right arm and hand and both legs.

I go back to ALS clinic on August 30, 2007. Do these "new" symptoms seem more like ALS. Just wondering. Thanks, Peg

I'd wait for the clinic but those new symptoms don't really point in the direction of ALS in my opinion but then I'm not a Neuro either.
AL.

Thanks Annmarie and Al,

I think I was so shocked by the loss of feeling that I over reacted. I really appreciate the responses. Thanks and God Bless. Peg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back