Diagnosis
09/1996
Country
US
State
IN
City
IN
A few of us are trying some new things to generate some advocacy ideas, energy, and action...

www.ALSadvocacy.com

The site has a link to a new Yahoo ALSadvocacy group for moderated discussion limited in focus to advocacy and awareness topics. The site also will feature Lou's Legislative Scorecard to try to help keep legislators' positions on ALS issues easily in the view of voters.

We hope that the discussions there will be productive in our fight against ALS. Please visit. Suggestions are appreciated.

That's all fine and good, but I find that Yahoo is difficult to navigate. Perhaps you can shed some light as to why you are using Yahoo and what you hope to accomplish by doing so.

Point well taken. Oh that our first home could be as nice as a vbulletin site!

We looked at several options, and we chose the Yahoo group because the form factor and the moderation process had worked so well for the Living-With-ALS group on Yahoo (and quite frankly, the price was right, too).

I agree that those Yahoo groups can be hard to find, thus the link on the home page of www.ALSadvocacy.com that would be easier to find.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that people can find the site and will then find the advocacy-focused discussion helpful. Thanks for the feedback. We're handling this as a trial period and your comments will be valuable as we see how this works.

rknt50a

I don't know your name, but I will be checkng it out!

Lorie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back