Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
VA delivered a new F 5. Permobil with more " bells" than ms. Murphys cow.

This is a bad machine! More inclined for hard top surfaces like streets.

My older frontier is for going off trails,both are great rides.

The F5 was handling great yesterday on its maiden voyage !

Steve you'd really like this baby!

Gonna break it in New Year's Day by being in a parade .

Thanks all USA tax payers, really don't know how we could do this nightmare without

the help of the VA!

Love ya all

Chally

Glad you got yours. I have the F3 (got it in March, Medicare wont pay for the F5). It has been good. I went through 3 chargers they kept failing but now that seems resolved. My main cable from the controller also went bad in June but the chair has a built in back up cable so I was not stranded (I use to go a mile down the road to a dog park and then back again). I did get the F5 motor upgrade and front antitip wheels (Medicare will pay for this if you are over 225 lbs which I was when I ordered it). Very happy with the acceleration and speed, but why do they have to weigh so much. They are using old technology batteries etc. Since my core has desloved to nothing I cannot ride in it to the park as bumps make feel like my body was in a car wreck but over all it has been a comfortable chair.

Congratulations, Chally! How is the handling of your mean machine indoors? I understand it's quite a monster with front wheel drive.
My PALS applied for a smaller M3 for indoor and outdoor use (this could turn around like a tank inside our hallway) but our health insurance declined it and offered a used F5 instead. They're shipping it across the country as we speak and hopefully he can try it out soon.

Chally,
We expect to see those pictures! Glad you got your new ride.

Forgot pic

Attachments

• BF48DD95-2BD1-4536-83FF-A7964DF5BC70.jpg
    BF48DD95-2BD1-4536-83FF-A7964DF5BC70.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 290
Congrats Chally.....................You look like a bada$$ MoFo on your new chariot.

oh yeah, totally awesome Chally!

Very cool, dude.

Chally, that is really fantastic. But blue? Really? I would have felt much better about it if it was fire engine red:).

The F5 looks like a great wheelchair. It will likely be my next wheelchair (after the C500s VS wears out). I just got a new set of motors, brakes, gear boxes, shocks, and batteries on the C500s VS (for a little over $10,000:eek:, mostly paid by insurance) so it will be awhile before insurance thinks I need a new wheelchair.

Permobil makes snowtires for the C500/F5. They make a big difference in the snow, but also really help on dirt and mud. I highly recommend them for the adventurous folks like you:)).

Enjoy the F5. It seems like a great wheelchair.

Steve

Cool, Chally! Ask the VA to outfit it with Roho cushions for the butt and back. The cushions that come with the Permobil are hard after a while. Tom has no butt left, almost skin on bone, the Roho has been a lifesaver. Ask for gel pads for the arms too. The arm rests that come with the Permobil are also hard. The VA put gel pads on them. His left arm is bone and skin, the original padding on the arm was painful for him. The gel pads have been great for him. The VA also put on knee guards to keep his legs from splaying open. When the guy came to the house to do all this stuff he added a phone charger to where the hand controls are and two hooks on the back of his chair. I hang bags off of them sometimes when we are out and about. Tom's due for a new chair soon. He's going to ask them about the M5. Looks like you got a sweet ride!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back