Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
Idaho
City
Leadore
As you all know, problems show up on a regular basis. I always find that the best solution is to post here! The first is a problem with coughing. I use the cough assist and that helps, but for some reason I keep biting my tongue. Then it takes time to stop the bleeding. Is this just something that you all have issues with? I started with bulbar palsy so breathing and coughing are normal problems. The second is because I use the Trilogy at night, I have to sleep on my back for 8-9 hours. I was having issues with pain in my heels but found heel protection and that is wonderful. But I can't find anything to help my tailbone. I have a pad that I use in the chair, but it is too high to use in the bed. Any suggestions?

I use a rotating pressure air mattress over my regular mattress. Stopped all pressure sores for me.

can't help with tongue biting. For me it's my lip that is repeatedly bitten,. Doesn't even bleed anymore!

Pressure on the tail bone is partly from other areas. We discussed bed positioning recently.

The second is because I use the Trilogy at night, I have to sleep on my back for 8-9 hours.
A correctly set Trilogy, BiPAP, or vent should allow you to sleep comfortably on your sides as well as lying flat. Check with your doctor and RT about setting changes.

Thanks, Diane. The face mask that works best and most comfortably for me has the trilogy hose from the top of my head. Therefore I have to, unfortunately, lay on my back. We have a split king adjustable bed so I can sleep elevated which helps. But on the poor side, that puts more weight on my tailbone. I’m going to try the grain cushion that Laurie suggested. I’m just trying to avoid bed sores! We don’t need additional things to work around, lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back