Not open for further replies.

kiwisally

Country
OO
State
OO
City
OO
Just had PEG 4 days ago. All good. No issues so far. Only using it for water and medicine. Food by mouth still. No need for pain medication at this point but....... Is it too early to run a bit of rum down it? Its Friday night and and I haven't been able to drink fast enough to get a good buzz in months. The only tip the gas tro offered was "buy the cheep stuff". Anyone got any more helpful tips like, how much water to mix it with, etc., etc.?

Awww, I didn't know you were getting the PEG, Kiwi! Glad you're doing so well! I don't have one, so have no idea, but sounds like a good question to me. Hope someone else answers for you soon!

Hmmm... why buy the cheap stuff? Seems it should be the other way around?!

Same ratios for smaller quantity of drink. My husband liked vodka, as he could no longer drink beer. Just divvy it up for tube "drinking."

Cheap stuff? Obviously your doc has no clue! What goes in, comes out. Whether it be by mouth or tube, the results are the same!

Glad you're feeling well after surgery, Sally. Bob never had alcohol through his tube but I've heard that people swish a bit of what they're going to drink to get the taste and then have stuff through their tube. I would definitely get the good stuff. You are sooo worth it! Cheers! Yasmin.

Thanks ladies! I think I'll give it a go tonight with just one and see. I figured the alcohol could only help with any unhealed bits down around the PEG "wound" and and a cleansing effort would be worthwhile, yeah right! Who knows? I think the logic behind his "cheep stuff" comment was that since it's going straight down the tube there would be no taste involved what-so-ever so the only point is for the alcoholic effect and the cheep bottle of spirits would do the same job and the expensive one with that regard. Booze cost the earth here as it is. I'll report back with details and results. Thanks again all, enjoy your weekends.

Works just fine, highly recommended, made the whole PEG process worthwhile! Yes, I've had two......not one....find the whole syringe thing oddly naughty to boot.

Glad you're doing well! Go with the good stuff for taste!

Sally, glad you're doing well. Welcome to the club 8)

p.s. after you tire of entertaining your friends and family with the simple things like putting your beverage of choice into the tube, don't forget they will be equally impressed if you "farp" for them. (just make sure you have a syringe on the end before you un-clamp lol)

Thanks for the welcome Rose. I'm afraid you are way more advanced that I am. I'm going to need farping lessons I'm afraid.

ahhh, farping lessons...lessons are probably not the best way to start out. This is something that you will best experience as a little surprise. You will know it when you farp. It will most likely happen at an inconvenient time, especially if you've consumed something spicy or with gas creating qualities... Hopefully you'll have an audience, it should evoke a response similar to an activated whoopee cushion, the goal being to not have any sort of actual gross-out factor included. Shoot for sound without visual, if you get my drift 8)

On a more serious note, check out the PEG album on my profile page, I put in some notes that should be helpful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back