Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
MI
City
michigan
This website has been so helpful for me in preparing for my first IVIG treatment tomorrow morning that I wanted to write a bit of my story hoping it may be helpful to someone else.

My symptoms started about a year ago, when I was 39, as I was "speed walking" around our neighborhood. My leg just "wasn't cooperating". Over the next few weeks, this feeling didn't seem to go away and when I finally wanted to up my workout to a run, found that I couldn't run. My left leg limped. No pain, just no strength to push me forward or control when trying to roll through the foot.

We went to a neurologist who did a partial EMG and noted a slight weakness in the lower part of my left leg and told me this was due to crossing my legs. He thought things should improve in the next few months. Not being a huge "leg crosser" it was not too difficult to not cross my legs at all for the next few months.

Mid-summer I noticed this was not going away and trying to speed walk was getting really annoying (at that time, I only noticed this lack of strength when I tried to exersize). I made an appt with an orthopedic office. Six months, three doctors, another EMG and 3 MRI's later, they thought I may have a pinched nerve b/n my 4th & 5th vertibra, but weren't certain this was it. By this time, my limp had progressed to being noticeable even in normal/daily walking.

Last month I finally saw another neurologist where he diagnosed me with MMN. He did a third EMG and noted weakness in my left hand as well. I do not notice this hand weakness at this time. I am still awaiting blood work results to this diagnosis.

First treatments of IVIG every day this week. Praying for strength to return in my leg. Drinking lots of water and asked about the meds ~ thank you. :)

Good luck with your treatments!

I hope the treatments work well, too! :)

Hi and Welcome but also sorry you have to be here.

I wish you well with the treatments and hope they put you back where you want to be. Let us know how they work for you. I see you are also from Michgan. We have had others here from the Grand Rapids area. Best Wishes, Peg

Glad we could help out summer. Good luck with the treatments.

AL

You seem to have similar symptoms to me. Mine is only in my legs at this stage. I do a lot of water aerobics now and that really helps both physically and mentally.
Good luck tomorrow

Thanks all for your encouraging words. No change after 7 treatments, but from what I've read this is can take a few weeks or months. Waiting "patiently" :?

Ah yes, the waiting game. A lot here are familiar with that game. Keep your chin up.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back