Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
California
City
Cupertino
Hello. I’m a leg gal (i.e lower limb onset). I was diagnosed a year ago, but the first symptom was more than four years ago, when, after a fall, my swollen ankle didn’t heal right. Turned out to be a drop foot. I went from walking with a cane, to getting a brace, a walker and finally a wheelchair and a Jazzy power chair. PLS was suggested early on. After a over a dozen blood tests and 5 MRIs, a year ago a third EMG showed signs that it was probably ALS and I was officially transfer to our local ALS Clinic, diagnosis “a variant of ALS”.

About a month ago I felt it going into my left arm. That’s when I began searching for more information and found the forum.

I’m 75. My husband, 83, has been a wonderful help, a grab bar here, potty chair there….. as the disease progressed. Maybe it’s old age, but, I’m beginning to accept what is happening. I’ve had a really good life.

I’m the curious type, always wanting to learn more, so am glad I found you guys.

Betty

Hello Betty. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found it/us. There are very helpful people here who will answer your questions as best they can. Overall, a very supportive group.

Reactions: bhg
Welcome, Betty. Glad you appear to be progressing slowly. We're glad you found us, too!

Best,
Laurie

Hi Betty.
Super folks here. Welcome aboard.

Angie

Hi Betty,
So glad you found us. The group here is exceptional. They are so helpful.

Sorry to welcome you to the family, but you will find so much support and help here.

Welcome fellow leg gal. Not only are the people here wonderful, but the site is also very informative and educational.

Hi Betty I tried to email that info you wanted, I don't think it went through, if not let me know and I will post it here.

Al

Welcome Betty! Sorry to hear about your dx. You have found a great place for support.

Yes, Al, it did go through. Have just responded. Many thanks. Betty

Hi, Betty
Just wanted to welcome another Elizabeth :) and say you've found a great knowledgeable, supportive place. I'm a leg gal as well, with left arm weakness starting now too.
My progression is faster than yours, and I'm delighted for you that yours is slower.
And I love your attitude!

Cheers,
Liz

Welcome Betty, this forum can help with a lot of guestions so post often.

Welcome, Betty. My wife (an Elizabeth always called Betty) and now CALS was born not long after you. As many have said you'll find much of value here.

Ed

Welcome to the family! This forum is great for tips and tricks , and somedays a good chuckle,

Cheers,
Jocalyn8

Hi, Betty. Hope we can be of help in our common journey. Was a couple of years younger than you when diagnosed but still hanging in and have just entered my eighth year post-diagnosis. Let's prove to the world that seniors can hang in with the best ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back