Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Glenview
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this site but unfortunately I'm not new to ALS. My father is currently battling the disease and last year I lost a friend to it as well.
In an attempt to work on my own grief, I've started a blog all about my journey during my father's battle.

I know that ALS sometimes feels like a very lonely disease and family members can often feel like no one else understands. I'm hoping that my blog can let people know the reality of ALS and for those of us living it, let us know that we are not alone.

Prayers to you all,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
I just joined the forum because I have no local support groups in my area. I know the feeling of loneliness. Friends and family don't see what we go through. When they visit, my husband is washed, dressed, sitting up in a chair, but they don't know what it took to get him there. I am so glad to be the caregiver, but it is truly hard work. I think I understand the reality.

Best,
Carrie

Hi Lisa and Carrie. Sorry you're both here. It is hard work. If people don't understand, explain it as best you can. There are good, caring, kind people out there, and on this forum. Take care both of you. Yasmin

Hello Lisa and Carrie. You are very welcome here and will find lots of support from wonderful people

Lisa, thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back