PALS
Country
HK
State
Hong Kong
City
Hong Kong
Hi there,

I am Patrick. I am a new member in the forums.
My dad has lower motor neurons signs for one year and half. All lab tests and EMGs are so far normal. One set of doctor, it could be PMA. Because PMA can have three or fours years of latency. PMA is the hardest to diagnose as the doctor said.
Does anybody has any experience with how to diagnose PMA ? How successful is EMG to diagnose PMA ?
thanks,
Patrick

Hi Patrick. Welcome to our forum. Has anyone mentioned Multi Focal Motor Neuropathy to your father? It too presents with lower motor neuron signs. It can be treated with a couple of drugs and has a far better prognosis than ALS or PMA. Can I ask where you live? It makes a difference sometimes in the type of tests that are available and treatments that are available. AL.

Questions about PMA

Hi Al,

Thank you for this prompt reply. We are living in Taiwan. The neuro has ruled out Multifocal Neuropathy because the EMG does not show any conduction block during the test. Apart from the weakness, fasiculation, and atrophy, he also has a little difficulty to project his voice. He can speak, but he always complains his thorat muscle easily get tired. ( Even engage in a short conversation). He can swallow, but he also complains a click sensation in his throat. In addition, everytimes he moves, his joints pop and crack. even in his jaw and spine.
He does not have spasms, babinski signs, etc.
Eveybody is worrying and not knowing what to do.

Hope to hear from you guys,
Take care,
Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back