Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Iowa
City
Des Moines
Hello, my name is Sonya Mack. i'm from iowa and my mother was diagnosed with ALS about 2 years ago.. as a member of the healthcare field i am especially frustrated that i can not help her get better.. at this time i am looking into doing what i can to try and help her travel to get her out of the house.. unfortunately she is on a vent 24/7 and is non-weight bearing.. anyone have any good ideas.. thank you for your help..

Hi Sonya. Welcome but sorry about your mom. We have a guy here on a vent called Quadbliss. He has a website detailing his travels. I'll put in the link for his homepage. You can check his travel tips there.
AL.
www.quadbliss.com

Thank you so much.. i will definately take a look at that..

What is your relationship to ALS.. (i'm not really sure how to write that..:)

I've been diagnosed since Oct. 03. Been using a power chair since Mar. 07. Bipap since Jan. 05 and a Hoyer lift for all transfers since May08. That's about it. I do the day to day operation of the forum with CindyM's help.

AL.

Last edited:
Hi Smack- I thought I'd introduce myself since Al is kind enough to give me credit. He does the bulk of the work around here and has been here longer than anybody.

I'm only helping out as it helps keep me busy, LOL. I have some sort of neuromuscular thing but we don't know for sure yet just what.

Anyway, glad you decided to join us. This is a great place for information, support, and uplifting stories! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back