Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
South Carolina
City
Rock Hill
Has anybody takenGlycopyrrolate? I complained about excess saliva and the clinic prescribed it, side effects are constipation and slow belly, I can't afford to have these side effects since I've been in the hospital two times this year for bowel obstruction. I would like some feedback .

Janie

My sister takes it and it works incredibly well. She went from constant drooling to no drooling at all. But I don't know about the GI side effects. She has taken it for a long time and now does have issues but they started to be a problem significantly after starting the med. no way to tell you if the med makes the issue worse or not. Can you start with a tiny dose and work up?

I have a appointment with the GI doctor, he took care of me in the hospital, I will do what he says. It was so scary both times in the hospital, many doctors telling me that they have done they could do with no results, I don't want to take a chance, the GI doctor was very good, I trust him.
Janie

The anticholinergics, of which that rx is one, dry you up but all can slow you down. With your history, I would not take them since they accumulate and there is no way to be sure that a small dose won't hurt. They are also like swatting a fly with an elephant since they slow down everything.

I would ask about botox injections, since they do the "slowing down" only where they are injected, at the parotid glands, where the saliva is produced.

Thanks, was my first thought. Why take the chance.

Janie

Hi Janie,Randy has been taking that for about four months and it has made a big difference,he still has some
excess saliva but not near as bad.....it may not be good for you though with you already having issues.

Take care my friend,

Andrea

On another thread there is much talk about taking alka seltzer twice a day for control of drooling and excess saliva. We are starting it tonite

I believe the Alka Seltzer was taken for excess mucus, not saliva.

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back