Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
South Carolina
Has anybody takenGlycopyrrolate? I complained about excess saliva and the clinic prescribed it, side effects are constipation and slow belly, I can't afford to have these side effects since I've been in the hospital two times this year for bowel obstruction. I would like some feedback .

Janie

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
My sister takes it and it works incredibly well. She went from constant drooling to no drooling at all. But I don't know about the GI side effects. She has taken it for a long time and now does have issues but they started to be a problem significantly after starting the med. no way to tell you if the med makes the issue worse or not. Can you start with a tiny dose and work up?

Janie H

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
South Carolina
I have a appointment with the GI doctor, he took care of me in the hospital, I will do what he says. It was so scary both times in the hospital, many doctors telling me that they have done they could do with no results, I don't want to take a chance, the GI doctor was very good, I trust him.
Janie

lgelb

Forum Supporter
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
WA
The anticholinergics, of which that rx is one, dry you up but all can slow you down. With your history, I would not take them since they accumulate and there is no way to be sure that a small dose won't hurt. They are also like swatting a fly with an elephant since they slow down everything.

I would ask about botox injections, since they do the "slowing down" only where they are injected, at the parotid glands, where the saliva is produced.

Janie H

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
06/2013
Country
US
State
South Carolina
Thanks, was my first thought. Why take the chance.

Janie

andycap

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
maryland
Hi Janie,Randy has been taking that for about four months and it has made a big difference,he still has some
excess saliva but not near as bad.....it may not be good for you though with you already having issues.

Take care my friend,

Andrea

Cyndi G

Reason
CALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
California
On another thread there is much talk about taking alka seltzer twice a day for control of drooling and excess saliva. We are starting it tonite

BlueandGold

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
I believe the Alka Seltzer was taken for excess mucus, not saliva.

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks