Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Summer vacation...what shall I do? How can I equal the Dad and Son stuff that has been done in the Sunshine state? How can I ever equal what they have done together? I know I can't, but what shall I do? Boys... I guess flower arranging classes are out of the question. LOL

CJ, you're a great Mom, but you won't "equal" the time he had with his Dad. You'll have new and different times with him! And don't totally reject the flower idea if you like them. Maybe start planting some seeds now that will flower or produce food all summer. Pulling weeds with a buddy is always fun and cutting flowers and picking vegetables is so rewarding - even for boys!

What about the aquarium, ice cream and movie..I know it is hard..love you!

I say Six Flags over Georgia! You do Sky Coaster, and your in. I did the equivalent at Six Flags over Texas around my 40th birthday. I was Daniel's new amusement park buddy.

If you do garden, and your yard is like mine, it grows rocks... no matter how many times I dig in the garden, its' full of rocks... why am I talking about this you might ask? 'Cause my boys used to love to help me dig in the garden... one time they dug a hole nearly as tall as they were! Weren't interested in the planting, but the digging!

And there are fossils you can buy and put in ground to find, it might get him even more interested! Dig up the fossil, then crack open the rock it's in. Don't worry, boys always love their Mom.

How about camping? Or a canoe trip? Rent a cabin in the woods somewhere? You can even put a tent in your backyard.

CJ, the possibilities are endless. But you know that. I think anything you do with your son will be meaningful. But if you have your set going to FL, has he gone deep sea fishing? When we had the money for my son to go to Dis ney, he enjoyed the fishing and not the parks. And like what was mentioned above, you are now making new memories.

All you need to do is love him and spend time together. You'll both find your way while creating new memories. Have fun!

If you wish to stay in your state, a neat thing we did with our girls is, we found a list of movies that had been "location sites" for movies. We would watch the movie the night before and then go see the site and see what they had chosen. It was actually interesting to see how many movies were shot in our state. Or even better, look for casting calls for extras. My DIL does that with my grands.

Toto, that sounds like a great idea! Got a video recorder, CJ?

Deb, with having a large brood to raise, I have always had to think outside of the box. We haven't had a vacation in 20 years.

CJ, does your son have any school projects for next year? My kids were in the GT Program and every year had to choose something and do a poster on it. Well, by child number 2's fifth grade year, I was postered out. So we did a video of her being a newscaster interviewing the president of our local college. We also went to the historical site where the college first started. She had fun, I had fun and the class loved it.

CJ how about taking up geocaching with him? I have friends who love it with their kids. Basically treasure hunting with a GPS.

CJ, laurel has a great idea, my grandkids do it here and love it, geosearching. They go all over the place and have so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back